Need great walking shoes .

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Thu. Jul. 08, 2021 6:22 pm

Countryside, I have neuropathy and a ankle surgery that didn’t go well, do you know what the process is for having insurance cover shoes. I’d like to check into it. Thanks

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Dec. 09, 2021 8:29 am

CoalHeat wrote:
Sat. May. 15, 2021 10:03 pm
I wear steel toe 6" work boots every day, all year long.
My everyday shoe is Red Wing boot but it's lightweight version with the molded sole. I have very narrow feet and it's one brand you can get widths. When I pull them on there is a very audible thunk!. It's like putting sneakers on. They have the same model with steel toe which I'm considering for next time as I'm occasionally around pallets these days. The sole lasts a very long time, I get about 3 or 4 years. They can't be resoled since they are molded, at least locally. If I could find somewhere I'd be willing to pay upwards of $100 at least once to get them done.

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/SuperSole-2.0-0 ... ?cgid=work

They are about $250 retail but it will be hard to find a boot as comfortable as these. They are definitely worth the price because they are like the energizer bunny as far as wear time goes. Note these are not fully Made in the USA. Anything from Red Wing with molded sole is not fully Made in the USA.

Red Wing Heritage line - Fully Made in the USA and can be resoled. Red Wing offers service if you don't have local shoemaker.

Other Red Wing Boots - Made in the USA with some foreign materials/components. Not sure of the extent. They all have molded soles so they are easy to identify.

Irish Setter by Red Wing - Foreign made boot.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 1:26 pm

I used to have normal width feet. Now I have to get "wide" instead of "D". I couldn't figure out why new shoes hurt and felt tight until I had my feet measured. I suppose as I get older my feet are flattening out.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Jan. 23, 2022 7:20 am

I've switched to Sketchers for a while now & am having good luck with them, can usually find them on sale at a local place that carries most brands so I tried many out. I'm diabetic & never heard of Health Insurance helping out on shoes. I'm service connected (agent orange) so I do get Jobst socks for free & see their foot doc every 6 months. Likewise as you get older 74 for me the foot size changes.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Jan. 23, 2022 8:06 am

Shoe Goo is my go to for repairing most shoe issues. It's also good for lot's of other stuff.

I'm headed to a foot Doctor in a few weeks.... arthritis.... I'm sure special foot wear is in the future for me.

Cassy0110

Post by Cassy0110 » Fri. Aug. 26, 2022 3:06 am

Allbirds Tree Dasher 2 is the best

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Fri. Aug. 26, 2022 5:55 pm

These work for me. Slip on with an aggressive tread
[url][/urlhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TGJYRQT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_ ... ct_details

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Sat. Aug. 27, 2022 12:55 pm

I'll second the Redwing promotion. I have weirdly sensitive feet, I've tried skechers, nike, addidas and all of these to varying degree bother my feet after so long on concrete. Most shoes I try on bother my arch right away. Redwing has a sneaker line that's supposedly the cats meow...I'm too scared to buy sneakers online and expect them to feel right, so trying them on live is a big help.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Ahhhh, shut up--you guys that actually have both your feet--I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol: I been lookin for a decent pair with zippers on the sides or the backs---no low cuts---lotsa of Chinkaneese--junk for the most part--I can get my MUCK boots on with a lot of pullin w/ the old lady pushin---then it's on her for gettin them off--till snow flies it's moccasins!!!! :roll:

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Aug. 28, 2022 6:26 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Aug. 27, 2022 1:19 pm
Ahhhh, shut up--you guys that actually have both your feet--I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol: I been lookin for a decent pair with zippers on the sides or the backs---no low cuts---lotsa of Chinkaneese--junk for the most part--I can get my MUCK boots on with a lot of pullin w/ the old lady pushin---then it's on her for gettin them off--till snow flies it's moccasins!!!! :roll:
Moccasins, sweatpants, and big flannel shirts - all part of the old age uniform. :D

Gotta have at least three pairs of them moccs - smaller size for no socks during morning coffee, a pair for summer weight socks, and bigger ones for winter weight socks. And maybe a black pair for formal occations. ;)

Paul

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Aug. 28, 2022 9:26 am

You betcha Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Return to “Health”