Arthritis in one knee and2 hips

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sun. Oct. 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Guys need some home remedys .Background 40 plus brickmason and home builder .I walk a 45 degree pitch hill most every day ..Thats 40 plus years in construction .Barbells 15 minutes 3 times aweek for upper body strength .I had an M R I recently tech person said doing a total knee replace would take care of knee arthritis . I have been trying Tumeric Cunol tablets.Also some weeks i cut my acre of grass with 20 inch self propelled cutter .My only negative is Riding In our 2010 Lincoln Car The hips will Burn so After a half Hour Wife Drives .Pisses me Off i crack screen Deep mine coal . Im active .Comments welcome .Ohh i am 70 ish not Over The Hill .Jack from no. 9 mine

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Oct. 18, 2020 2:30 pm

50 years of working on my feet and doing a lot of heavy lifting, had my knees and hips killing me.

Tried tamarack for a month, which worked for my brother-in-law's pain, but not for me.

Then I tried the CBD gummy bears for a couple of months. That is helping a family member with their joint pain, but did nothing for me.

I started taking a glucosamine chondroitin pill every day and within a couple of months I noticed hip and knee pain is way down. Now, I only get twinges when there's rain storms coming.

I also take two buffered aspirin every morning to reduce the arthritis swelling. I've been doing that for years. It helps me get moving in the morning until it wears off, Don't want to over do it with the aspirin, even though it's tri-buffered.

But the glucosamine has given me results that last all day.

Paul

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Oct. 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Nothin much helps mine Jack. Ya just learn to libve with it. Orrrr, ya could have them start cuttin parts of your feet off to take your attention off everything else!! LOL I've also heard like Paul said--that glucosimine condroitin is worth a try.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Oct. 19, 2020 9:51 am

The glucosamine chondroitin I take are 1500mg. The bottle says take three a day.

I did early on, but once I started to see relief I cut that back to one pill each morning. Seems to still be working and 1/3 the cost.

Paul

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Mon. Oct. 19, 2020 3:18 pm

even with effective home remedies a arthritic knee doesnt get better the pain is just covered up as the wear an tear continue. The median age for knee replacement is 66 half are younger and half older. One should consider it before you get too old for a variety of reasons , if successful you'll enjoy it more and you can rehab better which is very important for knee. I had mine done 5 months ago after having a crooked knee for 10 years. I know wonder how much better its going to get as opposed to how bad is my knee going to get with the old one. First week is rough by six weeks you can do most o the stuff you want to.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Oct. 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Tell that to my doctors franpipeman. I have been taking Glucosamine with Chondrotin since I was 36. I am 60. I am considered a freak by the older men I play basketball with. And the younger men I play with. I also use the Tumeric, 1500 with black pepper already in it. The Glucosamine/Chondrotin is the triple dosage ones and I take as many as 4 a day. Depends on how my hands feel. That is where it shows first.
I do stuff that people my age don't even think about. I moved 5000 lbs of stone in 50# bags....twice last Fri. The people I am working for thought I would be done for. They are only 65.....I was fine...try it Jack

Kevin

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Mon. Oct. 19, 2020 9:08 pm

From jack i appreciate the info .I and the wife want to adopt an English Setter. A rescue dog .My plan to double the walking for the settershomecoming .Thanks again .jack

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Tue. Oct. 20, 2020 8:09 am

Good info K, I’m going to give it a try any brand are they all the same? Thanks

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Oct. 20, 2020 11:46 am

I've been using two brands of glucosamine chondroitin and they seem to be equally effective. I started with Nature Valley from Walmart, and more recently, Puritan's Pride, that Melissa ordered from Amazon.com when Walmart was out of stock.

Paul

KLook

Post by KLook » Tue. Oct. 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Good info K, I’m going to give it a try any brand are they all the same? Thank
I have used the Osteo Bi-flex or Sundown brand since the beginning. Tried some cheaper ones and could tell the results were not right. It is available in most places, I get it at Costco when it is on sale. There are varying additives like msm and joint shield.....don't know about them much, I just take a major load of the the stuff and can work and play. Played real hard basketball tonight. Young guy that is in the NBA walked in the gym and commented on the old guy lighting it up......no joke. I had a 38 year old guarding me because none of the older guys can stay with me for long. I could not walk down stairs without 2 hands on the rail when I was late 20's and early 30's. After a weekend basketball tourney.
I have no ankle or knee pain the next morning after a hard run like tonight. It has worked for many older athletes I have recommended it to, and some it does not work for......Just give it a chance and take a bunch of it at first. Loading up it is called......

Kevin

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Tue. Oct. 27, 2020 6:56 pm

anybody try the CBD oils yet or is it just hype?

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Tue. Oct. 27, 2020 7:09 pm

Some friends got some for me, 3 drops under the tongue, I didn’t have any relief. I think it’s about 90 bucks for a small bottle. I did start osteo bi-flex with turmeric this week, see how it goes.

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Tue. Oct. 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Wife says ginger root boiled then with lemon in a water drink helps her with artvitus and stomach problems.also loaded with anti octadents

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Oct. 27, 2020 10:42 pm

bambooboy wrote:
Tue. Oct. 27, 2020 6:56 pm
anybody try the CBD oils yet or is it just hype?
Yes, second post above. Melissa is using CDB and says it helps her. I tried it and found it did nothing for me. We've heard similar - works for some, but not others. For those it helps seem to take a few weeks to start showing results.

I'd say it's at least worth a try for a month to find out, yes or no.

Paul

KLook

Post by KLook » Wed. Oct. 28, 2020 7:19 am

I have stayed away because of the expense of it. I would not be against trying it.

Kevin

Return to “Health”