Mask Wearing Poll

Mask Wearing Poll

Poll ended at Tue. Aug. 04, 2020 6:16 pm

1. I will go to jail before I wear a mask.
3%
2. I won't wear a mask unless legally required or store requires them.
63%
3. I always wear a mask in any store, business, indoor gathering whether required by law, by the business, or not.
34%
4. I like my mask so much I wear it to bed and gave it a pet name.
No votes

Total votes: 38

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 9:08 pm

Yup, +1 grumpy.

Kevin

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 9:11 pm

Should there be 2 number 1 votes? HMMMM

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 9:11 pm

grumpy wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 8:52 pm
Let me ask you all a question,

When and who educated you on what kind of mask to wear?

When and who educated you on how to properly fit and wear a mask ?

When and who educated you on how to properly handle, store or dispose of a mask that would be considered contaminated after being in public ?

When and who educated you on the do's and do not of wearing a mask ?

If the experts are telling us to wear a mask don't you think THEY would think we all should be educated on the above ?

Because if you do it wrong it could kill you. Yet we have not been educated by any of them.

So, is it really about the virus/mask or something else, like , lets say fear......
Bump

johnjoseph

Post by johnjoseph » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 9:13 pm

johnjoseph wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 9:11 pm
Should there be 2 number 1 votes? HMMMM
BUMP

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 9:20 pm

Im one of only a few here that have been trained on how to use different kinds of masks and tested for fitting several times but I do agree, used wrong they arent any good at protecting yourself. Perhaps they protect others, or not. And i agree there should be a lot more effort nationally on showing people how to use them if they are forcing people to wear them. All the stupid wasted commercials on Covid, they could at least change them to show how to wear them.

Reusing a mask repeatedly isnt wise, but I think in my case Im better off sticking with the N95s I have and alternate. Sunlight is a decent sterilizer and I only handle them by the elastic. They would each be used once every 3 weeks, at 2 or 3 stops.

Both my sisters work at mayo. One gives preliminary exams and she just cant believe or understand how people are so stupid. Worst was someone with an N95 upside down and didnt know any better. Anyone not wearing one when they walk into the various buildings is handed a mask, a cheapy, not an N95, but no direction at all. Many dont cover their noses.

It doesnt help when politicians or doctors on tv are repeatedly taking their masks on and off, grabbing them by the cloth, possibly infecting their cheap mask with their hands. Then thats what people who watch it do.

Your last line could end out being correct.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 01, 2020 6:27 am

It gives people a warm fuzzy feeling of security but in reality its not doing what they think, The common sense thing it to wear the proper one and make sure you are doing it correctly if you feel you need to!
I wear a seatbelt when I drive to protect me from you so you need to wear a mask to protect you from me if you feel the need but I shouldn’t be forced to protect you!! Or seemingly so.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Aug. 01, 2020 5:25 pm

cabinover wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 5:39 pm
Thank you for clarifying that Paul :lol: Actually I see them daily up here in their car, windows rolled up with a mask on. Pretty sure it's to keep them from licking the windows myself.
Didn't see any window lickers, :lol: ...... but we did pass a guy in Bennington, kneeling on a sidewalk praying. Either he wasn't a Muslim, or he doesn't know East from West. :o

Paul

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Sun. Aug. 02, 2020 2:20 pm

I picked #3.I Go out in public 2 maybe 3 times a week.mask required
inside all public places in MD.I'm missing a front tooth and wife reminds me to put in the one in the cabinet.have not needed it as the mask hides the mouth.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Mon. Aug. 03, 2020 1:57 pm

jedneck wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 1:11 pm
I respect wishes of others. If they request i wear mask i will. I operate a custom butchershop n don’t wear one but will put on if customers ask me to. Have yet to be asked.
Of course no one asks you! Butcher shop, all those big knives and choppers you are waving around .... :lol:

Whoever selected #1, go to jail, I say, "Put him there."

All you who selected #2, that's kind of wimping out -- make up your mind -- either it's important or it isn't, regardless of what the President or the manager of the local Walmart tells you. But you get credit for being like the butcher, respecting the wishes of others. Thank you.
grumpy wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 8:52 pm
Let me ask you all a question ... is it really about the virus/mask or something else, like , lets say fear......
Damned right it's fear. Fear keeps lots of giraffes from being eaten by lions, keeps the squirrels on my lawn hidden when the hawks come over. Fear is healthy. If the mask is going to improve my odds, I'm wearing it. #3 for me.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Aug. 03, 2020 2:45 pm

rberq wrote:
Mon. Aug. 03, 2020 1:57 pm
Of course no one asks you! Butcher shop, all those big knives and choppers you are waving around .... :lol:

Whoever selected #1, go to jail, I say, "Put him there."

All you who selected #2, that's kind of wimping out -- make up your mind -- either it's important or it isn't, regardless of what the President or the manager of the local Walmart tells you. But you get credit for being like the butcher, respecting the wishes of others. Thank you.

Damned right it's fear. Fear keeps lots of giraffes from being eaten by lions, keeps the squirrels on my lawn hidden when the hawks come over. Fear is healthy. If the mask is going to improve my odds, I'm wearing it. #3 for me.
Ok, wear your mask, no one is saying you can't. That's called freedom. But remember,.... your view that people shouldn't have the same freedom and should be forced to wear a mask can be turned against you. Such as, if people see your liberal attitude as a threat to their way of life, therefore you should be jailed. See how that can lead ?

And as for "wimping out",..... make up your mind. Either freedom to choose is important or not.

Paul

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 12:33 pm

38 people voted. Thats pretty good for a NEPA poll. 13 of 38 picked number 3, so a hair over 1/3. I was expecting that to be lower going by comments in the main Corona post, so some people that normally dont post much (or dont like arguing) must have voted which is good. Its all good.... thanks!

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 5:00 pm

But a hair under twice that don't go along so willingly as group 3.

Which seems to reflect the more independent attitude of many of us coal burners...... otherwise, if we were so easy to go along with the flow, we'd be burning wood pellets. :lol:

Paul

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Good lord SB, I was thanking people for voting in a post/poll I created. Create your own and twist it anyway you want too.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 5:59 pm

warminmn wrote:
Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 5:28 pm
Good lord SB, I was thanking people for voting in a post/poll I created. Create your own and twist it anyway you want too.
Gee,... and I thought you were discussing results..... after asking for all of us for results...... of which there was discussion. How stupid of me not to know your post was supposed to be the last bell. :roll:

Paul

johnjoseph

Post by johnjoseph » Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 6:12 pm

warminmn wrote:
Thu. Aug. 06, 2020 5:28 pm
He can't do that....you know better...

Return to “Health”