Drinking the kool-aid

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Apr. 27, 2020 11:33 pm

Years ago they said a hole in the ozone was created by CFC’s which helped kickstart much of today’s ramblings of climate change and global warming...which they emphatically stated was because of that early hole caused by the CFC’s.

They asked us to believe it and an overwhelming majority of us did...on both sides of the political isle.

I’ve often said that the common man is always subject to the more educated man and having to try and trust the educated man and hope he is telling the truth. There’s a certain amount of trust earned, or not. We’re getting at the very essence of the gaps between the rich and poor because...after-all...they say knowledge is power. Right? There’s only one problem. Higher education has no bearing on ones ability to think. There are plenty of examples in this world of successful people, even really smart people, who are or were not very educated.

To me, educated can mean your knowledge has been guided to think a certain way as in public education. What about private education? That that you learn from as life’s journey leads you? Doesn’t this lead to an education too? Some people brag at being life long learners of public education. I laugh and often say everyone is a life long learner...just to different and varying degrees.

Without me rambling further this article caused me to stop...pause...and then think back about the scientists who warned about the ozone hole and the fear that they put into people’s minds. Here’s the article that brought those memories back... https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/world/ozone-hole-a ... index.html

Read the article and see if you see an odd statement that raises a red flag in your mind ehen comparing the information in this article with the information they gave us back then. Remember? Back then the scientists made the world panic about the man-made hole in the ozone.

Let’s see if you see a discrepancy.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Apr. 27, 2020 11:40 pm

I put this in the health section because this hole is related to the weather which is directly and indirectly related to public health.

By the way...

...a hint.

With this new article it appears what they told us decades ago may in fact not have been true at all and quite possibly could have been a natural phenomenon after all.

Further more, these phenomenal size holes in the ozone, since they just admitted they can and do happen naturally that would then explain changes in the “seasons”... meant to be read as the changes in global warming and cooling...or natural cycles of our natural world...as we have evidence has seen many periods of warming and cooling since time began and this world was created.

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 8:52 am

Don't forget about ''peak oil'' 1980's

Or the coming ''ice age'' 1970's

Dave

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 9:48 am

Oil I remember, not the ice age. Didn't hatch until 3/4 way through '72. LOL!!!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Don't forget where it all started.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 4:42 pm

Dave 1234 wrote:
Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 8:52 am
Don't forget about ''peak oil'' 1980's

Or the coming ''ice age'' 1970's

Dave
Yup, but it was back in the fake gas shortages of the 70's when they said we'd be out of oil in 25 years.

And before those two, back in the 60's it was, the world is over populated and we're going to run out of food. I remember flying home from Fort Ord at night and looking down at all the black empty space this country had and how far apart the lights of cities and unban areas were and I knew then it was all BS.

And in the 50's and 60's, in the early days of the cold war, it was that the world was going to end in "nuclear holocaust". If you want to know how close we came back then, read up on the Cuban missile crisis. I well remember air raid drills in school. First it was close all windows and pull down the blinds to help stop flying glass and get under the desks. later on it was line up and face the wall in any inner hallways - one hand over your eyes so your not blinded by the bomb flash, and the other hand over the back of your neck to protect you from falling debris. Talk about messing up young minds! :o

Yeah, I'm that old that I lived through all that. ;)

Paul

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Mon. Apr. 27, 2020 11:40 pm
I put this in the health section because this hole is related to the weather which is directly and indirectly related to public health.

By the way...

...a hint.

With this new article it appears what they told us decades ago may in fact not have been true at all and quite possibly could have been a natural phenomenon after all.

Further more, these phenomenal size holes in the ozone, since they just admitted they can and do happen naturally that would then explain changes in the “seasons”... meant to be read as the changes in global warming and cooling...or natural cycles of our natural world...as we have evidence has seen many periods of warming and cooling since time began and this world was created.
And they often leave out the biggest impact on earth, solar activity. Whatever we do it is miniscule compared to what one burp on the surface of the sun does to Earth. It's like standing in the middle of a hurricane and saying the house fell down because I sneezed. :lol:

Paul

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 5:34 pm

Even the the late 70’s in elementary school we were going into hallways, kneeling down and covering our heads for, as they termed them then, tornado drills. Those darn schools, even today won’t stand up to even a small tornado let alone a nuclear blast. Just who do they think they are kidding? It’s mind control...instilling fear into the youth at an early age. It’s not about fear from this or that...it’s a response from fear that they seek so they can control you. That’s ingrained at an early age, and vertically nurtured through schools and the news...the rest of people’s lives. FDR would have taken a fit...people being that scared...and certainly Teddy would have.

johnjoseph
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Bill, I gotta ask were you in fear during
those drills and how did those drills transpose your life?

We did these drills about 6 times a year because we had Loring AFB here.
Closest AFB for a nuclear strike on the USSR. Hence why we did those drills. They explained the purpose of those drills and it was for self preservation
I surely don't recall any of my classmate's running around crying hysterically. We didn't get brainwashed. Heck, we were forced to stand every morning and face the flag and sing the national anthem. Our schools were built as bomb shelters.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Because back in the height of the cold war, NYC was considered the financial capital of the world, and Long Island was loaded with military and aerospace contractors, and Groton sub base and Electric Boat sub builders were right across the sound from Long Island. It was theorized that NYC/Long Island area had as many, or more Soviet nukes targeted at it as Washington DC. One more thing to mess with kid's minds.

Paul

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 7:48 pm

They said that about everyplace in the country. Ours was the Cutler Naval Station that communicated with our submarine fleet. We were told we were #2....instill fear and a need to listen to the gov.

Kevin

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 9:15 pm

The hill was #3 till they checked out my gun towers!!! .>)

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 9:47 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 9:15 pm
The hill was #3 till they checked out my gun towers!!! .>)
Silos and gun towers in farm country, huh ? I wondered where all those Long Island nike missile batteries went to. :what:

Paul

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Otis on The Cape...
Radar out in Truro...
Plus the runway...
Space Shuttle emergency landing at Otis...
https://www.norad.mil/Newsroom/Article/578131/dod ... ry-launch/

gaw
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Apr. 28, 2020 11:22 pm

We never had anything more than the occasional fire drill, I guess we were just not that important.

Return to “Health”