Coronavirus

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 3:45 pm

rberq wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 3:20 pm
THE LEFT may possibly include me, :angel: and I say no such thing. Don't presume to speak for me.

Time from exposure to symptoms can be anywhere from 3 to 13 days. Time to progress from symptoms to serious illness is 8 to 12 days. Time from hospitalization until death, if the patient dies, is highly variable but often measured in weeks. Cain had serious medical problems already, which made him more vulnerable. So Cain may very well have been exposed at Trump's rally, or before it, or after it, but of course there is no way to know for sure, and it is largely irrelevant. What's relevant is whether a mask would have prevented infection, or not. Again, obviously, no way to know for sure.

Not sure why this is a left/right political issue, just a common sense issue. Very many in congress, regardless of party, are routinely photographed in their masks. It's only the *censored* in the White House who tries to confuse the issue, because it gets him more press.

Somebody do a poll -- I don't know how -- as to how many on this forum wear a mask in the grocery store, in Home Depot/Lowes, small shops, church, etc. Really curious.
Herman Cain was the poster child for who should not get covid 19. I read that he was given a 30% chance of surviving his cancer.

Knowing where you catch a virus is tough unless you know you were locked in a room with a sick person for a while.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 3:51 pm

I've got to go to Syracuse ( 1 hr. away) for a drive through corona test tomorrow cause of surgery coming up next wed. I got a better chance of being exposed there then on the hill here!!! Not a happy farmer!! :(

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 6:53 pm

Some guy in a hotel lobby apparently opened fire on a mother and her child because they were not wearing masks.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/florida-man-miami-h ... distancing

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 6:58 pm

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 7:41 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 3:51 pm
I've got to go to Syracuse ( 1 hr. away) for a drive through corona test tomorrow cause of surgery coming up next wed. I got a better chance of being exposed there then on the hill here!!! Not a happy farmer!! :(
Dumb! You could be fine now but sick by next Wednesday, so what good is the test? I believe there are saliva tests (made in Maine!) that give results in 15 minutes, used for those who are going to visit President Trump. We need a lot more of those available all over the country. With that they could test you the day of your surgery.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 8:15 pm

rberq wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 7:41 pm
Dumb! You could be fine now but sick by next Wednesday, so what good is the test? I believe there are saliva tests (made in Maine!) that give results in 15 minutes, used for those who are going to visit President Trump. We need a lot more of those available all over the country. With that they could test you the day of your surgery.
i am glad Trump has that option but I agree, we need those available for these types of situations (surgeries). A test 5 days before a visit is almost useless... might catch some but not enough.

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 8:39 pm

I believe there are a few companies that have the spit tube test, that take as little as 2 minutes for results, just about ready to be approved.

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 8:58 pm

bambooboy wrote:
Tue. Jul. 28, 2020 10:44 am
Heres the Doctors press conference that all the tech portals keep taking down. https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/?fbclid= ... FRZKTBYKqk
I guess most never even seen the doctors press c onference,but tonight Tucker had on one of the doctors,she's fired after 20 years for doing that conference.

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 9:07 pm

bambooboy wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 8:58 pm
I guess most never even seen the doctors press c onference,but tonight Tucker had on one of the doctors,she's fired after 20 years for doing that conference.
Hate for the truth to actually see the light of day.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Test results are given in 2 days--I have a number that I have to hold up to the window---all that happens is I drive up, roll the window down 6" & they stick a swab up my nose--close window & leave--Yep I'll have a mask on for that window venture & roll windows down once I'm out of the nasty city!!! LOL

cabinover

Post by cabinover » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 9:23 pm

rberq wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 7:41 pm
That has been one of my questions for quite a while. If the spit coming from your mouth is so contagious then why can't a test come from there rather than 1/3 mile into your brain? My wife is subject to regular tests as an RDH which do nothing other than irritate me. They don't tell if she has it, if she's gonna get it in a week, or a month from now. Waste of time, energy, and money that could be better utilized elsewhere. And VT is at the bottom of the pile for Covid compared to other states.

Wasn't a couple weeks ago that tests showed in Manchester, VT (where Julie works now) some 54 people test positive. State comes in and does "their" tests and find only 4 of those 54 were actually positive. Who's lying now? The state says they have
"different" tests. So why do any of them if nobody is on the same page?

Now our governor decides to flip flop and mandate masks for everybody in public inside or outside. Why? Simple, the college kids will be returning to the coveted halls of edumacation. Doing so will bring the hot spots from there to here. A normal sane person would simply say nope, colleges stay closed this year but doing so would hurt colleges so let's force every Vermonter to bend over and take one for the team. Tell a college kid to do anything and they laugh at you. Telling them to wear a mask for the good of everyone will garner the same reaction. So let's tell all Vermonter's to wear them...but wait, that is for the good of others, not you!!! Now you've protected the college kids, thank god :roll: .

Besides, on the local lake here two weekends ago with my daughter and wife there had to have been at least 30 Moombas as well as some newer boats that I don't know the cost of. A new Moomba will set you back somewhere between $50 and $100K. Guess what, the owners aren't VT residents for the most part when a crappy old cottage on the lake has taxes of over $5K. So those hot spots are already here. Kinda like putting a condom on the voyeur after getting laid.

Anybody watching what's going on behind the curtain yet?

cabinover

Post by cabinover » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 9:24 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 9:10 pm
Test results are given in 2 days--I have a number that I have to hold up to the window---all that happens is I drive up, roll the window down 6" & they stick a swab up my nose--close window & leave--Yep I'll have a mask on for that window venture & roll windows down once I'm out of the nasty city!!! LOL
Sorry you are in that precarious position Fred.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 9:59 pm

You got it right cabinover, but those Moomba's can run up over 100k real quick. But the point is the same.....and the point is the same about peeking behind the curtain.

Kevin

gaw

Post by gaw » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 3:44 am

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Jul. 30, 2020 3:51 pm
The wife was told she would be tested prior to a procedure she was getting done. That was what they told us when it was scheduled but by the time that appointment rolled around they didn't test her for covid.

What if you're positive? Do they wear two pairs of gloves and double masks or do they scrub the surgery? Is it for your sake or theirs?

gaw

Post by gaw » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 3:47 am

Everytime I go into work I get a temperature check and they ask all the questions about how I am feeling. Sometimes I tell them I have been sick and tired for several months already.

Return to “Health”