Coronavirus

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Jan. 20, 2022 9:14 pm

Not even word games , out right lies, period..

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 8:34 am

For those that think ivermectin is just horse dewormer, doctors at Duke University have been doing a study of using it to treat Covid. They even admit that earlier studies showed it works, so they are doing a bigger "national study".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivermectin-potential-t ... 15226.html

Paul

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 11:39 am

FWIW

UK Hospital Tells Woman On The Phone To Not Get Anymore Vaccines, They Say They Will Be Discontinued Because Of Safety Issues

https://vidmax.com/video/210176-uk-hospital-tells ... ety-issues

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 12:05 pm

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 2:05 pm

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 2:07 pm

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 3:14 pm

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 10:52 pm

howbadismybatch.com

Do not know who put this site up . But there is lots of info .

Dave

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 11:05 pm

Not all the shots are the same. So far there seems to be three different kinds with just 5% causing most of the problems/ deaths.

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 11:45 pm

The vaccines were approved under Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA). Some of you guys are complaining as if there was a viable option to sit around and wait for more thorough testing. Without vaccines the basic alternatives were activity restrictions or caseloads that exceed hospital capabilities. Maybe you remember we had some temporary outdoor hospitals and morgues in tents? Sometimes none of the options are great, but you still need to pick a path to move forward. Here, I think the Trump admin should get credit for accelerating vaccine development, but we would have a lot bigger mess now if people hadn't taken the 500M vax doses and 75M boosters. You might wish there were more time to work with, but until you invent a time machine so we can look into the future and see all the answers, it sounds like your main issue is with the uncertainties of life that you can't control. I sympathize, but AFAIK the vaccines so far have strengthened both resistance to infection and the severity of symptoms for vaccinated vs unvaccinated people. In other words, it's riskier for most folks to be unvaccinated than vaccinated.

Mike

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 7:17 am

I disagree, but I am not going to get into a back and forth with so many here putting up links to this travesty. I will point out the falsehood early in your comment that we used temporary morgues and set up emergency rooms in tents. It was all optics for the show. Remember the hospital ship in NY? Yeah, it was sent away empty. I learned about using the camera to fake a narrative a while back at a CMT award show in Nashville. Now my wife and I smile when we see a show on tv and it never gives a broad view of the venue.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 7:30 am

Pacowy wrote:
Fri. Jan. 21, 2022 11:45 pm
The vaccines were approved under Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA). Some of you guys are complaining as if there was a viable option to sit around and wait for more thorough testing. Without vaccines the basic alternatives were activity restrictions or caseloads that exceed hospital capabilities. Maybe you remember we had some temporary outdoor hospitals and morgues in tents? Sometimes none of the options are great, but you still need to pick a path to move forward. Here, I think the Trump admin should get credit for accelerating vaccine development, but we would have a lot bigger mess now if people hadn't taken the 500M vax doses and 75M boosters. You might wish there were more time to work with, but until you invent a time machine so we can look into the future and see all the answers, it sounds like your main issue is with the uncertainties of life that you can't control. I sympathize, but AFAIK the vaccines so far have strengthened both resistance to infection and the severity of symptoms for vaccinated vs unvaccinated people. In other words, it's riskier for most folks to be unvaccinated than vaccinated.

Mike
I disagree as well, your post is void of facts.

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 8:37 am

Maybe KLook's view from TN was obscured. During the early portion of the outbreak NY, NJ, MA and CT bore the brunt in the east. As part of that we had things like mass casualty events at nursing and group homes, and the rapid escalation of stress on the healthcare system. MA put up tents, too, and under the circumstances they seemed pretty prudent. I live here and I saw it with a full "view of the venue", so even if TN had it easier by learning from our experience, your accusation of it being a falsehood is as lame as whatever sources of "information" you have relied on to make that statement.

Mike

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 9:12 am

In everyday life, Im a storm restoration lineman . My company works mostly New England , and the southern hurricane sea coast areas . Seeing the true gut of our country from the start of corona ,and the past 21 month time, period has been very sobering .

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 10:07 am

Pacowy wrote:
Sat. Jan. 22, 2022 8:37 am
Maybe KLook's view from TN was obscured. During the early portion of the outbreak NY, NJ, MA and CT bore the brunt in the east. As part of that we had things like mass casualty events at nursing and group homes, and the rapid escalation of stress on the healthcare system. MA put up tents, too, and under the circumstances they seemed pretty prudent. I live here and I saw it with a full "view of the venue", so even if TN had it easier by learning from our experience, your accusation of it being a falsehood is as lame as whatever sources of "information" you have relied on to make that statement.

Mike

Your view is the "media spin".

We never had, "mass casualty events at nursing and group homes". Did a lot of nursing home patients eventually die, yes, but it never overwhelmed the system.

The tents were not there for patients because the hospitals were overflowing. They were for covid testing to move that procedure out of the hospitals where it was easier to control and prevent transmission than inside the lobby and halls of a hospital.

Cuomo made a big show of needing ventilators and NYC never needed all those sent. The hospital ship that Trump sent was not needed. The only "patient tent" NYC used outside a hospital setting was the (indoor) NYC colosseum.

How do I know this? My wife worked in a NY Nursing Home. They have daily morning meetings where they received reports from the NYS & County Health Departments, the CDC, and from other Nursing Homes they are affiliated with. They were instructed by the Governor's office to set up quarantine units to receive covid "mass casualties" for NYC. So they spent days rearranging part of the facility to make a quarantine unit. Well after all that hype about sending, "mass casualties" upstate, it never happened. NOT ONE PAIENT was sent. Same for other upstate nursing homes.

Plus, Nurses network with other Nurses in other facilities. Her best friend, also an RN, has a RN daughter that works in a NYC hospital. We were getting reports from her about what was going on in hers and other NYC hospitals.

Had you been following along in these pages you'd know this was all well covered,... and with links to show it.

So, while you got your info from the biased media, that made money off creating and feeding fear, and politicians, who abused the situation for their own non-public health agendas, I got my info from medically trained professionals who were working in the thick of it.

Paul

Return to “Health”