Update on Freetown Fred

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 6:37 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 3:06 pm
I'll do better this week.
good enough then.

the rest can go sew buttons on a rubber duck. :twisted: :out:

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Im thinking turn your TV on, put it on Grit TV or ME TV channel,. and watch westerns and comedies all day and night. The faster you heal, the quicker you can play full-time again.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Oops! Just visited the forum after several days, so I missed your news until now. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 7:25 pm

Thanx guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 7:57 pm

franco b wrote:
Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 6:23 pm
No kicking asses for a good while. Tires as well.
I have to wonder if so much crap on his foot isn’t what got him into this trouble to begin with. Sooner or later, Fred, ya’ got to settle down and quit kick in’ butts. Lol! That stuff carries all sorts of bacteria. Lol!!!

Seriously, I am impressed with being tuff and all, but you have to listen sometimes. You need what’s left of that foot/leg, etc., and we need you here kick in’ butt and takin’ names.

Now...pm me your last name so I can finish that card and get it in the mail. Lol!!

ruger1980
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II

Post by ruger1980 » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Damn and I saw the FedEx guy dropping off a package the other day when I drove by. I figured it was your 90 day supply of little blue pills.

If you need help with anything let me know I am just over the hill.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Wed. Feb. 19, 2020 8:12 pm

yep, I saw him at about 50 yards as folks were gathering for the #9 mine meet and greet and knew exactly who it was.
Yah, when we got in the little train car and this character was right across from me a light went off in my head....wasnt any denying who this cat was.....my wife even knew I spoke about this FF character.....
Heal well Fred, I have never been one to sit while injured, I heal better when I move about and push my recovery. I suspect you are the same.
But I guess age is involved here, I played last night with a guy your age and we discussed the oncoming problems associated with age on the drive home. He felt he was better off hurting himself staying active then giving in to age and just going sedentary. I agree, so go do whatever you want and can, there is no waking up tomorrow and you are 20. I will always think that moving is the best healer, and makes for faster recoveries.

Kevin

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 11:16 am

Well, don't freak out but this is what I'm dealing with at the moment I'm not real happy with how it's lookin but hell, I was only a Combat Corpsman--next is rgt. foot on the chopping block!! :( Sorry if the pix upset anyone--this is the health topic!! LOL

Attachments

amputation 1.jpg
.JPG | 222.7KB | amputation 1.jpg
amputation.jpg
.JPG | 213.5KB | amputation.jpg

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 11:21 am

Are the Dr's happy with its looks? And maybe a dumb question but I really do not know anything about this type of removal, do they add any type of prosthetic after it is healed? Hang in there!

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 11:34 am

I don't think the Doc was real happy with it on post op appt. of course that's something they don't want to get in to!!! :( Next visit is this Wed & me & him are gonna have a serious talk--all that black is not good & needs what's referred to as wet/dry application--Christ, I know that from bein a Combat Corpsman (I had 2 mos left when I came back from the Nam & was stationed at Naval Hospital in S. Philly I experienced many amputations & that's the way they did it) (wet/dry) I don't know--just feelin kinda discouraged!! I'll get over it & spirits remain high!! :) No prosthetics W--just stuffin padding in left boot!! LOL
Last edited by freetown fred on Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Damn Fred! I hope you have a good Doctor and I think you have a daughter who is a nurse? I hope she is advocating for you and that you are getting appropriate care. I don't know if the foot looks good, bad or in between but you do have a history of finding piss poor Doctors.

Get well.

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Fred, hope the Doc surprises you with good news! Hang in!

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 1:13 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 11:34 am
I don't think the Doc was real happy with it on post op appt. of course that's something they don't want to get in to!!! :( Next visit is this Wed & me & him are gonna have a serious talk--all that black is not good & needs what's referred to as wet/dry application--Christ, I know that from bein a Combat Corpsman (I had 2 mos left when I came back from the Nam & was stationed at Naval Hospital in S. Philly I experienced many amputations & that the way they did it) (wet/dry) I don't know--just feelin kinda discouraged!! I'll get over it & spirits remain high!! :) No prosthetics W--just stuffin padding in left boot!! LOL
On the bright side, I guess you dont have to worry about horses stepping on your toe! :)

Yes, have a serious talk with the Dr by all means! And trust the nurses in your life's opinions too. Medicine has changed a lot in the 50 years you've been away from it.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 1:30 pm

She is G--a Critical Care Nurse at Doylestown Hospital in Doylestown,Pa How ironic the name!! LOL PLUS my woman is an LPN--- PLUS--Visitin Nurses 3X's a week--good Lord--I'm inundated with Nurses!!!!! LOL G, the bunch of us researched surgeons before choosing this one-He's supposed to be the best ortho surgeon in the area (specializing in foot & ankle)---if he turns out to be a plug horse--I'm goin back to my Native cures!! AND--takin my whole group with me!!! LOL
gaw wrote:
Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 12:15 pm
Damn Fred! I hope you have a good Doctor and I think you have a daughter who is a nurse? I hope she is advocating for you and that you are getting appropriate care. I don't know if the foot looks good, bad or in between but you do have a history of finding piss poor Doctors.

Get well.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Mon. Feb. 24, 2020 10:14 pm

I know what you mean FF, they give me powder to mix with my coffee to keep the rear end working & water pills for the front. Then tell me not to walk or sit much for the hip but do exercises for the knee. All the while two in home IVs of anti-biotics of some sort & a variety of pills, already had to up the IVs & get blood draws twice a week, even with all the bathroom trips the swelling won't go down in either the R hip or L knee but the left leg is the worse. Great for making left turns but need an extra step for the right, they keep saying what to watch out for but not what to expect on recovery. Damn, I only get two nurse visits a week!

Return to “Health”