China builds hospital in 10 days

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Wed. Feb. 05, 2020 3:55 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-china-managed ... ays-2020-2

Video of build....

They got their priorities in the right place...

BigBarney

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Feb. 05, 2020 4:15 pm

People generally do what they gotta do B.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Feb. 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Hell,they hand built Runways to support the failed B-29 Bombing Attempt from Chinese Bases in WW2. The Logistics and Results just didn't carry the attempt! You just can't underestimate these Folks! Probably doesn't hurt to be under the hot end of a gun barrel if they fail,either! Yikes!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Feb. 05, 2020 8:14 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Feb. 05, 2020 4:15 pm
People generally do what they gotta do B.
Especially with nearly unlimited labor, and nothing to get in the way (no union contracts to argue about, no OHSA, no sifting the dirt for artifacts, etc).

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Feb. 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Its like modern day gas stations... nothing there one day, pumping gas 2 days later. Still, thats a neat video to watch.

I would guess China is still using formeldahyde for disinfecting rooms and buildings too... as nasty as that stuff is it does a great job and kills about anything. Empty a big building, bomb it with formeldahyde, air it out a day or two, every germ is dead. Worked great in ag use here until it was finally banned... I could tell stories, not all good, but it works.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Mar. 11, 2020 11:13 pm

I’m sorry...I don’t buy it. A project of that magnitude takes planning and preparation and as they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”

Plans and construction on this scale takes time, more time just to design on computer than one man can do by himself and having additional minds involved doing it on computers offers to much chance for heads to collide. It all wreaks to me...

If what they’re saying is true...that they’re seeing less and less of the disease now in China, then by the time that building is finished it won’t be needed. Seems like an awful terrible amount of panic to hurry and build for something that is supposed to be subsiding. So, either it isn’t subsiding, or this wreaks of a grand plan of world panic and crippling of economies.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Wed. Mar. 11, 2020 11:44 pm

Look at the video...
This is temp construction with prefab units they had on hand...
working 24/7 and no restrictions like in the US...
Yes they under reported the infected and the dead...
External confirmations like lack of normal pollution...
Indicate a massive shutdown of industry and commerce...

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 6:51 am

H, they did it, all they had to do was get done with the over-thinkin & just get it done!! Sound familiar??????? ;) I heard last night they were takin a couple down cause need was subsiding???
Hoytman wrote:
Wed. Mar. 11, 2020 11:13 pm
I’m sorry...I don’t buy it. A project of that magnitude takes planning and preparation and as they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”

Plans and construction on this scale takes time, more time just to design on computer than one man can do by himself and having additional minds involved doing it on computers offers to much chance for heads to collide. It all wreaks to me...

If what they’re saying is true...that they’re seeing less and less of the disease now in China, then by the time that building is finished it won’t be needed. Seems like an awful terrible amount of panic to hurry and build for something that is supposed to be subsiding. So, either it isn’t subsiding, or this wreaks of a grand plan of world panic and crippling of economies.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 9:01 am

China partnered with Exxon a few years back to build a refinery, something like 2 years from planning stages until completion. It would take 20 years here with all the red tape and lawsuits.

As far as the hospital goes how long is that going to last? A lot of these buildings in these ghost towns that sprung up overnight are already crumbling and they are only a few years old. Regardless of the build quality this would never happen here in the US. You would need some kind war condition where they just built it...

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 12:49 pm

It may be considered a short term hospital than demolish and incinerated ?

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Nope Lego's...
Repurposed...

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 5:11 pm

I get it...Lego’s but there was a plan in place already...had to be. They knew this would come and they had to have a prior plan.

Sorry...there’s a rank smell in the air to me. I’m just saying something isn’t adding up. Just the time it takes alone to haul all that equipment in there....100’s if excavators...doing the grading work of dozers and graders. Huh???

That was a pre-planned coordinated effort. Maybe they have good anticipation skills, but not on a whim...not that much skilled labor. I’m not giving them that much credit...

...and if others do...then this country wouldn’t stand a chance against them. Either we are the greatest or we are not...and I for one am not conceding anything to them. Americans have proven themselves time and time again as the greatest nation in the face of the earth. Period!!!

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Thu. Mar. 12, 2020 5:11 pm
I get it...Lego’s but there was a plan in place already...had to be. They knew this would come and they had to have a prior plan.

Sorry...there’s a rank smell in the air to me. I’m just saying something isn’t adding up. Just the time it takes alone to haul all that equipment in there....100’s if excavators...doing the grading work of dozers and graders. Huh???

That was a pre-planned coordinated effort. Maybe they have good anticipation skills, but not on a whim...not that much skilled labor. I’m not giving them that much credit...

...and if others do...then this country wouldn’t stand a chance against them. Either we are the greatest or we are not...and I for one am not conceding anything to them. Americans have proven themselves time and time again as the greatest nation in the face of the earth. Period!!!
Swine flu, bird flu, SARS, ETC. all originating in China. Hell, knowledge of swine flu has been around since 1919. China is well prepared because this has been happening there for longer than we may know. This most recent coronavirus was identified in China in December 2019...I call bull****! It was known at least 4 months prior. They couldn't contain it and finally had to share it with the world, both literally and finally knowledge wise.

joethemechanic

Post by joethemechanic » Wed. Sep. 09, 2020 10:35 pm

Hoytman wrote:
100’s if excavators...doing the grading work of dozers and graders. Huh???

joethemechanic

Post by joethemechanic » Wed. Sep. 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Hoytman wrote:
100’s if excavators...doing the grading work of dozers and graders. Huh???

Return to “Health”