Vaccinations?

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sat. Mar. 30, 2019 2:48 pm

This was the first year i ever got even mildly sick since getting flu shot annually. They told me it covered 4 different strains. So i figure it was either an uncovered strain or the flu was mutating and its been 5 months since i got the shot. Either way all symptoms were mild. Nothing like the bed fast for 3 to 4 weeks at 50 before i ever got any shots.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Mar. 30, 2019 3:16 pm

The 1918 pandemic, in my extensive reading of old newspapers of that time period, it was incredible, the obituaries and stories weekly about it. One thing I remember is that people would start feeling better and start working again and wham! they got even sicker and died. So they were warning people to stay in bed several days after they started feeling better and if they did that the second wave would not hit them.

I also remember reading 8 or 9 years ago that when the swine flu hit in 2009? that they found a link between it and the 1918 flu, and that really old people that were around in 1918 were mostly immune to the swine flu, and the next younger generation rarely got it. Mostly young people were hit hard. The experts thought perhaps its the same strain that changes itself and hits hard every several generations when immunities are low again.

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Sun. Mar. 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Wife& grandson went to Pittsburgh last week end for a karate tournament came home sick as dogs.grandson went to doc,flu type A. both suffered for 8 days.neither had a flu shot.i get one every year & never came down with it.wife was supposed to get it but never did.medicare does pay for the shot.i think every person is different,eat different,drink different,around different people( as most know kids are like germ factories)

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sun. Mar. 31, 2019 7:18 pm

never had a flu shot, never got the flu.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sun. Mar. 31, 2019 7:48 pm

I am on the side of no flu shot. Got whacked for a few days this year but no intestinal problems so I don't think it was the flu. Just chest and head cold.....

Kevin

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Mar. 31, 2019 9:50 pm

lincolnmania wrote:
Sun. Mar. 31, 2019 7:18 pm
never had a flu shot, never got the flu.
Some people seem to have a natural immunity.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Wed. Apr. 03, 2019 6:49 pm

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Wed. Apr. 03, 2019 7:01 pm

article is from 3 years ago but still news to most of us.good find grump

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Fri. Apr. 05, 2019 12:38 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Fri. Mar. 29, 2019 6:51 pm
Measles kills 2 in 10,000, the vaccine kills more, a lot more.
Where do you come up with this crap?

The death rate from measles in the US is 20 in 10,000. You have understated it by 10 times. And that doesn't count complications and permanent brain damage and on and on and on. Measles is way more serious than you let on. And the death rate is only that low – which is NOT really low if it’s your kid – because most of the US gets good hospital care. In less fortunate areas it is more like 1,300 in 10,000, or 13 percent. 13 percent is WICKED BAD – would you dare to cross the street, ever, if your chance of getting squashed was about 1 in 8?

And yet you say that MORE children are killed by the measles vaccine than by measles? MORE than 20 in 10,000, in other words MORE than 2 out of every 1,000 kids who get their shot? I doubt that most of us have known of a vaccine death, ever in our whole lives, among our acquaintances. If mortality was that high, it would be front page news on every local paper in the country.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/downloads/measlesdata ... ideset.pdf
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/mortality/gmwk23r.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/child-health.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/mmr-vaccine.html
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Apr. 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Then again if there is no vaccine & no known cure why do anything at all, might just be natures way of reducing over population!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/dead ... li=BBnb7Kz

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Mon. Apr. 15, 2019 5:31 pm

For all who dont beleive in vaccinations read about a nation where only 58 precent of the people are vaccinated for measles , there but for the effort of science goes America .
https://www.foxnews.com/health/madagascar-measles ... 200-people

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Apr. 15, 2019 6:28 pm

coalnewbie wrote: ↑Fri. Mar. 29, 2019 6:51 pm
Measles kills 2 in 10,000, the vaccine kills more, a lot more.
Where do you come up with this crap?
You are wrong and I do not have the patience to lecture you.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Jan. 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Hostility is not the answer. In fact, it’s diving this country...lack of respect that is.

I am vaccinated. I took my child to be vaccinated...

I see things that don’t add up. If many of you will open your eyes you will see these things too...which ever side of the argument you’re looking towards.

Just yesterday I read an article from Seattle where they passed a law where unvaccinated children had to stay home and were permanently banned from returning to school if they had not been vaccinated. However, so long as an the children had an appointment made...days later or weeks later...those children could immediately return to school, so long as they had an appointment made. Whaaaattt?

So, I ask any of you; what is wrong with this scenario? That’s right why would authorities...if they were so scared for children’s sake...why would they send a child back to school unvaccinated if they were that scared in the first place? Why would parents who’ve vaccinated their children be worried for their child since they already had the shot? It doesn’t make sense.

The authorities...CDC...already knows some of these vaccines do not always take. They know this. They also will tell you there is no way to tell if a vaccine has taken to a person...is effective for that person. Often they tell people to get a booster...for all types of vaccines.

Remember, I am vaccinated and we took our son to be vaccinated as well, so don’t even go there saying I am an anti-vaxer because that would be a cop-out for looking at reality and the facts. They tell us we should do this...but...they always leave themselves an out, don’t they.

I urge all of you to go to your local board of health and ask them to define two words for you...
1. Outbreak
2. Epidemic

You will likely be surprised how low a number defines each one. Hint: My county defined both words for our entire county population as being defined by both numbers above. One word is defined by one, the other by two. Imagine that!!! Then those words get used on the local news and people freak out. Remember, I didn’t define these, they did.

In my county a little girl came down with the measles. Immediately 8 children from schools all over the county had to stay home...county wide...8 kids total from a county population nearing 50,000 kids and adults.

She went to the doctor and was given the vaccines and that day went back to school while the other children county wide...7...had to remain home for 26-28 days...some where around the incubation period for the measles.

Knowing the CDC will not guarantee Whether or not a vaccination took with that child, and knowing full well the antibodies had yet to form in that child, again...you tell me what is wrong with that scenario? Something is most certainly wrong! That child is still sucesseptible according to doctors and they put her in danger by sending her back to school.

What about the children who had to stay home. We’re they treated fairly? They did not have the disease. They missed a month of school...and most went to another school elsewhere in the county. Here’s the kicker...that little girl had been fully vaccinated years prior to getting the measles. They gave her another shot and sent her straight back to school. Duh!!! What is wrong with this scenario folks? Somebody is calling the shots...scaring people for no reason and making silly decisions.

No I am not against vaccines, but now they want to vaccinate children for picking their nose it seems. Just look how many new vaccines they America’s youth to be injected with.

Ask yourself this:
Do you really know what is in those vaccines? I mean do we really know? No! We rely on someone telling us the truth. We put our children’s lives on the line in order to trust someone smarter than us.

Doctors at the hospital we took our son to after his measles vaccination told us to never give him another vaccine or it would kill him. You tell me...I’m not against vaccines. Can you guarantee me a vaccine will not kill my son? Any of you? Should I trust you, or the multiple doctors who saved his life? You tell me what you’d do. Tell me this is not a catch-22 me and my wife are in? I honestly have mixed emotions on the issue, but I also know I cannot make the decision that could possibly kill my son. That’s a chance for him to decide later in his life. I will not accept that responsibility...and those hospital doctors didn’t want the responsibility either.

That said, I would still try and vaccinate another child if I had another. Why? Because like any loving parent I want to protect them. Trouble is, these days, with so much misinformation, people wanting to dictate to others I don’t know who to trust.

When a family physician tells you he’s doctored/raised many unvaccinated children because of vaccination issues, then tells you the many types are getting out of hand...we vaccinate for everything these days...would you trust him that you’ve been going to for years and trust, or trust some law official mandating people to do something against their will...which is dictatorship.

As if we don’t have good enough modern medicines to fight such diseases. As if vaccinating everyone won’t have the same effect as using antibiotics too often causing these diseases to mutate into super diseases.

They want everyone to get a flu shot...I got one this year...my choice as it should be...I’ve had 3 in my life...and I don’t feel scared if I take it or not...but it’s my choice. I normally don’t take them, but since my immune system has already been compromised this year I went ahead and took one. Flu likely kills far more than measles each year..:so why not make it mandatory if the CDC is so concerned? Because they won’t take the heat for any problems that arise because they know the shots don’t actually carry that much wait...or they’d guarantee they work. Big money...big pharmaceutical companies playing with us for our money, that’s all it is. They make you think they are doing something for you. Just like my shot. I may still get the flu and I may not...and they can’t tell me if their shot prevented anything or not. Follow the money! Why can’t the vaccine makers be sued?

Now...call me whatever you want. I’m not saying vaccines don’t work. I’m saying there are plenty of unanswered questions that I have that make me skeptical. You should ask yourself some of these same questions...but you have to throw aside your bias...and most cannot do that.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 11, 2020 6:46 pm

H, get back to your coal filtration system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Hell,Freetown Fred and I are Up To Date on All Our Shots! Just Look At How We're Operating! No Ill Effects At All ! Sharp As Rusty Tac's ! Minds Like A Rusted-Out Exhaust System! No Ill Effects At All!!! No Repeating Myself! Nuthin' To See Here!! I'm So Full Of Manure That My Eyes Are Brown!!

Return to “Health”