Colon cancer screening month

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Thu. Mar. 21, 2019 7:58 am

https://www.ccalliance.org/about/awareness-month

Its colon cancer screening month. Colon cancer if caught soon enough can be cured. The longer i goes undetected the harder the cure. I just buried my brother inlay March 19 who fought colon cancer for two years, multiple bowel resection surgery. He lost his battle.
Prevention is the best strategy and colonoscopy sounds worse then it is . My brother in law at 60 never had a colonscopy until a tumor caused problems. 50 years old is the normal age to start sooner if you have family history

Ctyankee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 insert
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by Ctyankee » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 4:45 pm

The sedation they give for a colonoscopy is wonderful, that in itself is worth the trip. Besides finding cancer early, a colonoscopy actually prevents it from occurring since they removal polyps before they change.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Drink the magic potion...
Take a nap...
Easy peasy...
Just don't talk too much to the cute nurse beforehand...
Ya end up being a chatterbox the whole time...

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Mar. 24, 2019 12:06 am

At 50 my pcp got too excited about sticking things up my ass, wtf? Got the colonoscopy at 51, no big deal. My biggest fear was getting "put to sleep" but having been there done that next time will be anxiety free. Try to remember when you wake up to tell them you had a dream that you fell asleep in the woods and a six foot black snake crawled up your ass.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Mar. 24, 2019 9:16 am

Thanx for this Thread,FP! I'm sorry that Your Brother came up short in his Valiant Fight. We don't want his Effort to go to waste! No one likes the ass-pect of having a camera being heave ho'd in where it doesn't belong. Perhaps drinking the evacuator fluid so that an accurate view can be had stifles some guys. To Hell with it,just get it done! Frank Talk on the Subject is sometimes needed,and You've kicked the door in on that effort. It
Makes Good Sense to nail Pre-Cancerous Polyps before they have a chance to mature into a Malignancy! Since You don't even know You have them,You also won't know they've been removed! I have been both under Sedation,and stayed awake,watching the screen. The Fabulous Lower G.I. Team thought I was nuts for wanting to watch the live video feed! I simply told them that I wanted to do a face to face with what tried to kill me! They Understood! I have Diverticulitis,and had lost half of my body's volume of blood due to a Lower G.I. hemmorage. Since I had been scoped 2.5 years earlier,there shouldn't have been any Polyps(they are normally a slow growth item). Well,guess what we saw on the screen? Surprise! They removed them,did Pathology on 'em,and they proved to be Benign(Non-Cancerous). I will have Diverticulitis for the rest of my Life,but I was handed a Gift of learning how to keep the 'Ol Hershey Highway Polyp Free! I generally don't advertise Butt Maintenance Observations in Public,but You Guys are Worth It! Franpipeman kicked the door in on this,and now I've finished tearing the Bastard off the hinges!! The rest of You now have a Clean Shot to go get checked out! If You are shy,scared,nervous or just private,feel free to PM me to broach the subject. The conversation stays between just Us. As for the rest of You Coal Burning Psycho's,please refrain from sending me Pic's of Your bare asses just to assure me that You're Comfortable with this Topic! Man,I'm really going to burn in Hell for this one!!.....

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sun. Mar. 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Nothing to it so just do it!

I recently had my first endoscopy and colonoscopy. I'm 64 and stopped feeling lucky so i finally got the procedures. Nothing reportable- Yeah! I was telling myself I was just too busy but i got layed off and retired from over a decade of manufacturing that wonderful white stuff you dilute and drink to clean everything out.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 8:12 am

The procedure itself is no sweat. It used to be that the prep was kind of wild but the last time I had one (its been too long) the prep was so bad either. It's on my radar to have done this year. :yes:

CapeCoaler

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 11:19 am

Key is to drink cold the special drink...
Colon Blow...
The volume sucks...
I just chug the low volume version...
chilled 16 oz...
done...

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 1:04 pm

I went at 25 due to pressure from my family doctor due to my father dealing with colon cancer at only age 40. Everything was fine and was supposed to go again at 30 but when my spine started to blow apart a few years ago, that surgery took priority. It did not get to it and now I am 4 years late. I need to get with the program again.

That is a nice deep sleep I get when they knock me out. Only thing I disliked was upon waking up in the recovering room I began to panic when I heard the heart monitor going beeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep. I thought a tri-axle load of coal was about to back over top of me. :o

bruker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Wehrle Placid

Post by bruker » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Ctyankee wrote:
Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 4:45 pm
The sedation they give for a colonoscopy is wonderful, that in itself is worth the trip. Besides finding cancer early, a colonoscopy actually prevents it from occurring since they removal polyps before they change.
Yep, what Ctyankee said, the sedation is well worth the experience. I'm actually looking forward to my next colonoscopy. :yes:

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 5:40 pm

I did not have to drink that terrible crap mentioned. I was instructed to 1st take laxatives, then something else, then it was something I mixed with lime gatoraide and it actually tasted kinda good, but a lot of it. Ive never had anyone else tell me of drinking something like I have but it was a doc at the Mayo Clinic so he wasnt a quack..... butt... (pun intended)

When I was laying on the table before they put me under the dr and the nurse got into a pretty big argument back and forth where she told the dr she was going to report him for his conduct...

So there I lay, minutes from having something shoved in my ass by a pissed off doctor :lol: I was happy when i woke up! i sure hurt like hell the next day though from the probe way up inside me but all in all it was not a terrible experience.

CapeCoaler

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 9:03 pm

The key is to stop eating steaks a few days before...
Go to a liquid diet 24 hours before you drink the colon blow...
Remember nothing red...
magnesium citrate is what the colon blow is...
Easier on the system...
When you need to evacuate a light load...
LOL...

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm due, been two years since last one. They found polyps. Removed them. Overall no cancer found then. My dad passed from colon cancer masticating, spreading up into his upper torso. That was 5 years ago, he was 84. I am 65. All the liquids ya drink to clean bowels.. a good nigh
t of wolfing down Ripples Thunder will do the same thing!
Last edited by wilder11354 on Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 9:39 pm

I declined sedation as it is smooth muscle. Dr Rosa xxxxx said, true but it may hurt a bit. I replied, I live on a horse farm so do not worry... No pain, a big fart and I was outta there. Neato watching the camera go up there and a polyp being burned off. To think of all the c rap i have shoved down there It was like a babies bottom. Never went back.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Mon. Mar. 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Drink the stuff the night before, get a 2pm appointment , the last of it will come out the next morning.. you will be home by six for a good dinner..

Thats what I did, no big deal, so your ass is a fire hose for a few hours..lol.. for anyone who has not done it.. it really is no big deal..

When I did it, the anesthesiologist said bombs away...I knew what that meant.. next thing I yelled WHAT are you doing !!! I heard checking your prostate , next I woke up in recovery.. but dam, I thought he put his fist up there, if only he waited five more seconds..lol

Return to “Health”