No Sermon Today

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Nov. 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Well I did not get to hear the sermon at church today; I got as far as the offering and had to be carried out of the church via an ambulance crew. 3 nitroglycerin pills later and I lived for another day.

Either way, I was glad to be in the emergency room when I did. I am on a county committee for addiction and mental health solutions, and got to see an absolutely chaotic ER with two mental health patients being subdued by police. I had the opportunity to discuss addiction with nurses and EMT's on the front line with addiction, and did not realize that some patients, because of a lack of rooms at mental institutions, will often spend up to a month in the ER. No windows, no wondering the halls, and that is saying nothing about the police sitting with them that honestly should be elsewhere.

I do not have the answers, I really don't, but I got to see the frontlines today from a different angle. Now I have to process all this and figure out how to bring this to our weekly addiction and mental health committee meeting on Friday and make something good of it.

Me, I lived another day, but for 418 Mainer's last year, a 50% increase in the last two years, due to addiction they did not. Some may see the beat up robber/addict on the road and cross over o the other side, but I'll fight for them, even if they are caught up in their own demise. They do not know what they do.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 11, 2018 7:19 pm

As it stands, there are three routes for the addicted person at this point--recovery, incarceration or DEATH. Good luck my friend. Glad ya beat the reaper today :)

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Nov. 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Im also glad you made it.

It seems like every time we think a drug couldnt be any worse, someone invents a new drug that kills quicker. I remember it being heroin, then crack, then meth, and now heroin with fentenol (sp). Im scared to even think of what drug is the next worse one.

Its an issue that has to be dealt with in many families, local govts and nationally and is getting worse. Hopefully something is done to help it soon now that the election mess is over.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Mon. Nov. 12, 2018 8:18 pm

WOW NS, i'm with ya on the additions problems in our country but,

what did they say about the reason of the issue that got YOU to the hospital ?

my grandmother was as tough as they come, she lived alone for years after my grandfathers death and would walk blocks and blocks alone to the market and home and would often have heart attacks, fall and pass out. then come to, self administer her "nitro" and get up and go on home. it got to the point the young guys that lived on her block would watch for her and if she didn't show up about the usual length of time they would fan out and track her down.

hope you get a handle on this,
steve

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Nov. 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Remember you promised us a book, so hang in there.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Nov. 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Glad to hear your still with us, NS !!!

We hear alot about the addiction side of prescription pain meds, but there is another side that is being hurt by all this.

I have two family members trying to live with chronic pain from multiple skeletal and surgical problems. Doctor monitored prescription pain meds were the only way for them to get through a day. Now with the medical profession becoming so anti-pain meds and having cut their dosages back to being useless, they can no longer get through a work day to pay their bills, much less all the other things an active person is not kept from doing because of extreme pain.

They both have tried the doctor referred pain clinic and other pain med options that are supposedly non-addictive, but those didn't work. One has had to recently file for disability and may lose her house because she can't get the pain meds to continue working to pay for it.

Like with many other efforts to curtail those who misuse something, it doesn't solve the problem, it just passes the problem on to those who follow the rules and don't misuse.

Rock and a hard place.

Paul

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Hope you're feeling better, NoSmoke. Will be praying for you and your family.

Return to “Health”