The Key to a Long Life....

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Oct. 20, 2017 9:14 pm

is smoking 12 cigars a day, a little whiskey, and no A/C in Texas until your 112! Tough old bird here, a Vet of course. https://www.dallasnews.com/life/people/2017/10/20 ... central-ac

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 2:27 pm

No AC in Texas?

God punished him for something.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Oct. 22, 2017 2:34 am

Anyone here makes it to 100 ... say

"The key to long life is living it to the fullest. Every day I do a full regiment of drugs. LSD, coke, weed, meth, and heroin."

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Tue. Oct. 24, 2017 6:46 am

I have a soft heart for addicts, and as I write this I have my Teen Challenge Maine T-shirt on, but it is sad that today they do not run the ads I saw as a kid. They would show a little girl saying she wanted to be a teacher, or a boy saying he wanted to be a firefighter, but then they showed a police office chasing an addict and it said, "but no one ever said they wanted to be an addict." I thought about that and realized it was true. Today that would be considered non-politically correct.

Shame, it worked for me and despite a soft spot for addicts, I have never smoked, drank, nor did drugs...not even pot. Nothing I wanted to try, but I admit I have other vices that makes me no better.

Sadly, coming from a large family (9 siblings), I have serious concern for my older brother and sister. That is because it says in the bible...

Ephesians 6:2-3 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: 3 “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.”

I just hope in God's grace and mercy he will allow my sister and brother time to see their mistake regarding my parents.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Oct. 24, 2017 7:53 am

It would be a True Privilege to sit with this Vet,on his "Stage",and listen to him speak of Days,if he would let me.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Tue. Oct. 24, 2017 9:31 am

You do have to wonder how a man could live this long and be somewhat healthy, having smoked this long.

Im betting you could walk right up on his stage HB and have a talk. It sounded like he lives for that, probably what keeps his mind sharp.

Return to “Health”