Tinnitus.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 10:45 am

A co-worker of mine has tinnitus so bad that I can hear what sounds like crickets coming from his ear, even if he's standing twenty feet away!

The other day I thought his hearing aid was making noise. I started teasing him about it and he said he wasn't wearing it that day. Has anyone experienced such a thing, this is crazy!

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 10:48 am

hmmmmm......hate to be the one to break it to ya but i'm thinkin' he ain't the only one with tinnitus!! :gee: :lol:

I have it constantly in both ears. sometimes its so loud in my head that I can't sleep. There isn't much healthcare wise i'd spend a lot of money on myself, but if they had a cure i'd be in the front of the line. :bang:

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 10:52 am

titleist1 wrote:hmmmmm......hate to be the one to break it to ya but i'm thinkin' he ain't the only one with tinnitus!! :gee:

I have it constantly in both ears. sometimes its so loud in my head that I can't sleep.
Mine gets loud at times,yet while my wife was living ,she never mentioned being able to hear sounds from inside my head.I think I have to agree with titleist1 :)

Logs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 10:56 am

I get it real bad, you better start wearing some hearing protection. I get the crickets but I also get a high pitched whistle, sometimes both together . If you here his crickets they are probly yours. Sometimes it gets to be unbearable. When I'm runny my sawmill and other equipment I wear earplugs and earmuffs, without that it would be very bad for a few days. I always have the crickets though. Good luck.

Dave

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 11:00 am

Using aspirin alot, like some of us arthritis and old injury suffers do, can make it even worse. The crickets get really loud when there's bad weather coming and all the aches really get going. ;)

Like they say, "Getting old isn't for wimps ! " :D

Paul

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 11:13 am

Logs wrote:I always have the crickets though
Early spring time when I take the dog out at night I can't tell if its real spring peepers I hear or just the tinnitus in my head! :crazy:

mkline
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak x 2...Old and New
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove/Anthracite

Post by mkline » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 11:56 am

I have eustachian tube dysfunction in my left ear and it really makes my tinnitus very bad in that ear. I had tubes put in 3 different times until they either got plugged or fell out. I just suffer with it now. Have to be careful because I have vertigo because of the fluid in my ear.
What really sucks is hunting! Just sitting there listening for animals and hearing whoosh, ring and churp!

Mike

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 12:13 pm

I get the crickets also, currently it's real bad

urdahere

Post by urdahere » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Take a look at Meniere's Disease and pray you never get diagnosed with it.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 3:51 pm

I understand that the person with Tinnitus can hear the ringing sounds, but is someone standing 20' feet away supposed to hear the noise?

Logs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 4:22 pm

As sunnyboy said using aspirin can make it worse . That explains why since I've been on blood thinners the last few years mine has gotten much worse and more frequent. I also notice the barometric pressure has much to do with it. I hope you find some relief. I went to an ear Doctor once and he said my ear looked dry inside, he put a few drops of oil in each ear, it helped for a while.you may want to try a drop or two of sweet oil, my wife works in a pharmacy and said that may help some . :)

Dave

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 4:47 pm

titleist1 wrote:hmmmmm......hate to be the one to break it to ya but i'm thinkin' he ain't the only one with tinnitus!! :gee: :lol:

I have it constantly in both ears. sometimes its so loud in my head that I can't sleep. There isn't much healthcare wise i'd spend a lot of money on myself, but if they had a cure i'd be in the front of the line. :bang:
I'm hearing it now ... mine comes and goes (90% gone) and is very mild.

good to read blood thinners make it worse so I'll stay off those rat poison pills.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 6:26 pm

EarthWindandFire wrote:I understand that the person with Tinnitus can hear the ringing sounds, but is someone standing 20' feet away supposed to hear the noise?
NO...

The consensus of all of fellow Tinnitus sufferers is that you also have the same condition & are hearing your own crickets,not your co-worker's crickets. :(

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 7:16 pm

I've tried more crap over the yrs then ya can shake a stick at to no availe. It just is what it is. Good mind control practice--it'll either make ya crazy or ya can just learn to live with it. Mine is constant & LOUD!!!!!!!!!! :)

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Fri. Jan. 27, 2017 7:37 pm

I have it as well, figured it was due to driving trucks for 15 years. Now someone said aspirin makes it worse. Hmmmm....an aspirin a day since a heart attack 10 years ago. That would explain some of it right there. The other thing that seems to kill me is a crowd of people, even a small group in a house. Also, AM radio seems to do it.

Return to “Health”