Cpap Machines

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Just got a BiPAP after 5 years on the CPAP. Also have the setting raised from 10 to now 17.

Was at mountain cabin that has electricity for out of state hunting trip w/ CPAP and winter storm took out the power.
Lucky for me it only interupted one nights sleep and power came back on. Battery backup goes w/ me now.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 9:06 am

McGiever wrote:
Wed. Nov. 28, 2018 10:05 pm
Just got a BiPAP after 5 years on the CPAP. Also have the setting raised from 10 to now 17.
17 is a very high pressure. What mask do you use, and do you have problems with leakage around the edges, or with having to make the headgear straps excessively tight?

Has anyone used one of the masks that has memory foam padding?

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 9:54 am

rberq wrote:
Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 9:06 am
17 is a very high pressure. What mask do you use, ...Newer style full face that covers mouth and snugs under nose...so nothing over nose. The idea is can better for while sitting up and/or even wear glasses with mask
and do you have problems with leakage around the edges, After some adjustment period it works okay
or with having to make the headgear straps excessively tight? Having mask off the bridge of nose helps me here some.

amara-view-full-face-mask

rberq

Post by rberq » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 12:17 pm

McGiever wrote:
Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 9:54 am
amara-view-full-face-mask
Interesting. Smallest full-face mask I have seen. If I correctly understand hydraulic principles, the smaller surface area should make for less force trying to lift the mask away from the face, therefore not needing such tight straps to hold it in place. More suitable therefore for high therapy pressures.

Wonder if it would work with my beard???

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 12:20 pm

I use a full face mask and it does irritate my face and the back of my neck. Still I sleep much better with it on so I tolerate the irritation. I might try that Amara smaller full face mask. My pressure use to start out low and build up "as needed." I asked them to start it out at 15 and that works great.

rberq

Post by rberq » Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 12:36 pm

coalkirk wrote:
Thu. Nov. 29, 2018 12:20 pm
My pressure use to start out low and build up "as needed." I asked them to start it out at 15 and that works great.
Same with mine, pressure is supposed to adjust as needed. The machine also tells me the average pressures for the last week and month, and I found by starting it at just slightly below the average, it overall works best. (P.S. With a little exploration via Google, you can probably find how to adjust your machine settings without having "them" do it. ;) )

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Nov. 30, 2018 11:58 am

I am pretty sure this is the one I am using https://www.sleepdirect.com/masks/philips-respiro ... -face-mask which is similar to the one McGeiver posted about. I actually think the one I liked best before I got my machine was the one McGeiver posted. I'm going to double check that because I think I am correct in thinking the hose was in front, not on top of my head. The face pillows are virtually the same. I like the feel of it, but it is leaking some around my nose and mouth, but I think it may take a couple more nights of adjusting it. It feels like I almost have it fitting right...only used it two nights so far, but the straps seem to be getting excessively tight around the back of my head.

I think my pressure currently is automatically maxed at 11 for now...because it's leaking. They set it to start out at 4, then go between 8 and 20. Seems like 11 is enough to start the leaking though.

Lucky for me, once I get the straps set, so long as everything isn't too tight, all I have to do is disconnect the magnets from the pillow to remove it, then just place them back on the pillow each night without having to adjust the Velcro more. In theory...LOL.

Return to “Health”