Tattoo

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Tue. Oct. 20, 2015 9:05 pm

thinking of getting one, basic idea of it. military unit I was in years ago.... ideas for adding to, modifying once its done.
IMG_20151020_205318.jpg
.JPG | 98.9KB | IMG_20151020_205318.jpg
background in circle blue, lightning bolts yellow, crescent sun/moon yellow, stars white(skin tone), ghost gray..... blue fading into fade out letters on bottom grey ghost, with fading yellow and red highlight edges on bottom of spelled GreyGhost. PS. a USMC in there somewheres also. Doubt anyone here would know what type of unit this is/ was. this will be a sleeve tat on shoulder, not exsposed unless I am shirtless. On shoulder.
Last edited by wilder11354 on Tue. Oct. 20, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Oct. 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Just forget the whole thing. Get a cap with the logo.

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Tue. Oct. 20, 2015 9:10 pm

franco b wrote:Just forget the whole thing. Get a cap with the logo.
really? how many do you have and regret getting?

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Oct. 20, 2015 9:19 pm

wilder11354 wrote:
franco b wrote:Just forget the whole thing. Get a cap with the logo.
really? how many do you have and regret getting?
None. Too easy to describe a tatoo when I make my get away.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Thu. Oct. 22, 2015 3:37 pm

thats the name I gave one of my cars . a 1988 Volvo 240 sedan . It's a fun car. Also my CB handle .

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Oct. 22, 2015 5:20 pm

I guess you don't want to throw Airdale in there anywhere? ;)

labman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by labman » Thu. Oct. 22, 2015 7:59 pm

These are very personal things. Most every tattoo has a meaning to the person that makes it important. As I have been told for 45 years, " You know these don't come off ?".
Just carefully select an artist, because you don't want buyers remorse! I have sleeves on both arms and various others. Each and every one has a special meaning to me. I never cared if narrow minded people approved or not.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 8:58 am

labman wrote:These are very personal things. Most every tattoo has a meaning to the person that makes it important. As I have been told for 45 years, " You know these don't come off ?".
Just carefully select an artist, because you don't want buyers remorse! I have sleeves on both arms and various others. Each and every one has a special meaning to me. I never cared if narrow minded people approved or not.
Hey man I am all for people making their own decisions in life without worrying about others opinions but calling someone narrow minded because they disagree with tattoos or it isn't their "Cup of tea" is rather hypocritical don't you think? Maybe the reason they chose not to get tattoos is the opposite of narrow minded, maybe they actually thought about it deeper than you think and chose not to ink themselves for life. That's called "looking at the big picture"

I almost got sleeves and I knew what I wanted and for what reasons but when I really thought about it , I chose not too, and I am ultra glad I didn't . Will I hate someone if they have tattoos of course not . So choose your words wisely for those who don't share your point of view on life.

Stoker6268
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Stoker6268 » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 3:40 pm

It seems like it's the younger generation that started the extreme tattoo craze. I'm talking the "extreme"-face arms body etc. I'm just wondering what these people are going to look like if they live to be 80, 90 years old. Starting to see a few midde age /older people with heavy tattoos, but nobody in the real later years. Should be interesting. I can't imagine seeing the little old lady or man down the street with all those tattoos! Lol

labman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by labman » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Stoker6268 wrote:It seems like it's the younger generation that started the extreme tattoo craze. I'm talking the "extreme"-face arms body etc. I'm just wondering what these people are going to look like if they live to be 80, 90 years old. Starting to see a few midde age /older people with heavy tattoos, but nobody in the real later years. Should be interesting. I can't imagine seeing the little old lady or man down the street with all those tattoos! Lol
This makes my point about being narrow minded! or should we say bigoted?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Lighten up LM ;) Yes, I have ink. My X got a large McCaw on her thigh-- she won a few S.Fl large color competitions & asked me where it should start.My buddy did it for free and put it in a couple INK mags. Anyway, I told her it didn't really matter cause in 20 yrs or so it'd look like an old buzzard anyway--she thought I meant her--hence the XXXX :clap: toothy PS-most of my friends that have ink shops will NOT do a persons face/head--old school kinda guys
Last edited by freetown fred on Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PJT
Baseburners & Antiques: Magee Royal Oak; Glenwood Modern Oak 116
Other Heating: propane

Post by PJT » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:04 pm

I would surmise Special Ops...

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:32 pm

labman wrote:
Stoker6268 wrote:It seems like it's the younger generation that started the extreme tattoo craze. I'm talking the "extreme"-face arms body etc. I'm just wondering what these people are going to look like if they live to be 80, 90 years old. Starting to see a few midde age /older people with heavy tattoos, but nobody in the real later years. Should be interesting. I can't imagine seeing the little old lady or man down the street with all those tattoos! Lol
This makes my point about being narrow minded! or should we say bigoted?
We all have the freedom to like or not like certain things . That is freedom . Take the PC crap somewhere else . Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so is UGLY!

I'm ok with people thinking I'm ugly or they don't like what I think . Who cares . You can hate me because I'm white or have mole on my face or because I grew a beard and look homeless . Who is it hurting ? Not me I'll tell you. My family loves me so that's all I care about .

So let me ask you a serious question? Are you sure you didn't get tattoos for the purpose of gaining negative attention in hopes to starts arguments or to "buck" the system. I mean no disrespect by asking you this but it sure seems like you would rather pick a fight than to worry about your own life . You gave the OP advice to not worry about what you call "narrow minded people" . So why are you worrying about it now ?

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Btw wilder the drawing is cool . Any color involved ?

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:44 pm

So folks who either do not have or do not like tattoos are narrow minded ??????? How did that happen ?? Do the majority of folks have tattoos ??? If tattoos are a minority then having one would qualify as narrow minded !!!!!!!! I personally don't give a crap if someone chooses to tattoo themselves....... why should I care if they choose to look more ugly ??? :P ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :gee: so if I am happy with the skin that God created me with that makes me narrow minded :notsure: :confused: :what:

Return to “Health”