Tattoo

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 5:57 pm

windyhill4.2 wrote:So folks who either do not have or do not like tattoos are narrow minded ??????? How did that happen ?? Do the majority of folks have tattoos ??? If tattoos are a minority then having one would qualify as narrow minded !!!!!!!! I personally don't give a crap if someone chooses to tattoo themselves....... why should I care if they choose to look more ugly ??? :P ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :gee: so if I am happy with the skin that God created me with that makes me narrow minded :notsure: :confused: :what:
Two reasons I chose not to get a tattoo . I prayed about it and didn't feel like it was something I should do. And I also believe the good Lord gave me skin I should take care of and not mark .

The other was this . My Dad said to me "son, don't get any tattoos . If there's one thing you'll honor me with , honor this wish , otherwise it will break my heart "

That hit home and hard . I will honor that request until the day the Lord takes me away .

labman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by labman » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 6:06 pm

freetown fred wrote:Lighten up LM ;) Yes, I have ink. My X got a large McCaw on her thigh-- she won a few S.Fl large color competitions & asked me where it should start.My buddy did it for free and put it in a couple INK mags. Anyway, I told her it didn't really matter cause in 20 yrs or so it'd look like an old buzzard anyway--she thought I meant her--hence the XXXX :clap: toothy PS-most of my friends that have ink shops will NOT do a persons face/head--old school kinda guys
Why must I lighten up? I have lived with this bigotry for most of my life! Just because you all feel in the majority doesn't make your attitudes right.
REAL food for thought?

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 6:38 pm

labman wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Lighten up LM ;) Yes, I have ink. My X got a large McCaw on her thigh-- she won a few S.Fl large color competitions & asked me where it should start.My buddy did it for free and put it in a couple INK mags. Anyway, I told her it didn't really matter cause in 20 yrs or so it'd look like an old buzzard anyway--she thought I meant her--hence the XXXX :clap: toothy PS-most of my friends that have ink shops will NOT do a persons face/head--old school kinda guys
Why must I lighten up? I have lived with this bigotry for most of my life! Just because you all feel in the majority doesn't make your attitudes right.
REAL food for thought?
This is the year that Marty Mcfly came back to the future ... Maybe you went back to your high school days ? Are you a man or a boy? Food for thought

It has nothing to do with your skin and everything to do with your attitude. And for the record I have nothing against tattoos or folks with tattoos . you could have your butthole tattooed for all I care but I will still take you for who you are rather than what you look like , unless you smell bad. I don't like being around people who smell bad haha :wacko:
Last edited by Smokeyja on Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 6:56 pm

LM, check out the smilie wink in case you missed it. I didn't say you MUST do anything--it's ALL about attitude, no need to make the rest of us with ink look bad!

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 7:22 pm

LM, seems to me that you are the one who is doing the LABELING ,none of us has judged you for your tattoos ,yet you have judged all who made the choice not to get a tattoo. Because we have not all made the same choice as you,we are narrow minded ? Seems to me that you may be dealing with regret or guilt over your choice,hence why you attack all who are different than you. :roll:

labman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by labman » Sat. Oct. 24, 2015 8:58 pm

windyhill4.2 wrote:LM, seems to me that you are the one who is doing the LABELING ,none of us has judged you for your tattoos ,yet you have judged all who made the choice not to get a tattoo. Because we have not all made the same choice as you,we are narrow minded ? Seems to me that you may be dealing with regret or guilt over your choice,hence why you attack all who are different than you. :roll:
I don't attack anyone! I state what I know to be true from life's lessons. Yes, I have lived what you all would call a lifestyle outside the norm. M.C. Club and a lot more. I stated my opinion here and as always the collective holy ones find fault with it. And then I get told to grow up? Someone needs a hug! :shock:

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 5:14 pm

IMG_20151025_165731.jpg
.JPG | 86.8KB | IMG_20151025_165731.jpg
Done, my skin, nothing to nothing unless you served and did. don't care what my parents think, nor anyone else. Covered by sleeve, what you don't know... doesn't make you a better person or less, you are who you are knowing or not. Still got to add "USMC".

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Outstanding Bill! OMG, you arms bleedin-- :clap: toothy Semper-fi my brother.

wilder11354

Post by wilder11354 » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 5:20 pm

freetown fred wrote:Outstanding Bill! OMG, you arms bleedin-- :clap: toothy Semper-fi my brother.
nope not bleeding, red is still on skin by black/gray shadows... real faint, lots of red(irratation) from tat gun but it will go away. THX FF.

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Oct. 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks for your service. I think color on the tat is better than the old jail house green. I served as well in the USAF but I feel a lot differently about it as our country being in the current state it is now. I'm proud but I'm not so proud if that makes any sense. I'm proud of the reasons I did it for that's the way I would say it as I am sure you are too.

Lu47Dan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Sears circulator air tight stove.
Other Heating: Crown 115,000 BTU oil fired boiler(house) Weil Mclain 150,000BTU oil fired boiler(Shop)

Post by Lu47Dan » Sat. Oct. 31, 2015 11:07 am

I served with several MSGT's and CSM's that always said that they regretted getting their tattoo's. I decided not to get one myself. I have worked with "men" who have tattoos covering large areas of their bodies and have asked on several occasions why they had them done. And they could not come up with an explanation that made any sense.
I have a friend that is going through the process of tattoo removal, he said it is not a pleasant procedure. He got his tats in the Navy and now hates them. His wife hates them also, he said it was the biggest mistake he ever made.
I am glad you are happy with your tattoo, as you are now stuck with it.
JMHO. Dan.

wilder11354

Post by wilder11354 » Fri. Nov. 06, 2015 8:34 pm

yep I am STUCK with it... no big deal.... been stuck by many things in life...BUT.. never regretted, or judged others because of it, keep putting one foot in front of the other till that can't be done anymore. Proud of somethings I lived, not so of others. Next unit.. of 2 I served in, USMC, 3MAG, 3MAW, 3 DIV. WesPac.
Death Angels.jpg
.JPG | 68.6KB | Death Angels.jpg
Got to keep things balanced...ya know!! walk a straighter line balanced than loopsideed. "Whos Laughing Now" Other arm...

This is the only ribbon I am allowed to wear, other than sharp shooter,
USMC VN service ribbon.jpg
.JPG | 9.5KB | USMC VN service ribbon.jpg
In country, NO, but unit was packed and set to rotate on to carrier in 3 more weeks, until tricky Dick, called it quits.FPO Hawaii, kaneohe bay.

Return to “Health”