Need a Life Alert Type Phone

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Not looking for a service, just want a phone with pendant that will dial 911 and have a personal message.

"My name is X and this is probably a medical emergency, please send the police and an ambulance. Please call my relative at 555-5555 to inform them..."

Any recommendations?

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 6:10 pm

There is lot of stuff out there but all with a monthly fee. But you would pay for cell service anyway. Google medical emergency cell phone and you will find a lot. You can get a cell based one button call with gps as well..

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 6:24 pm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1 ... 01C5-00005

There is no service fee.
There is personal message.
It can dial multiple numbers, only one at a time. If I understand this correctly you can have it dial 911. It will hang up and have it dial someone else.
Once activated you can instruct whoever answers to hit 0 on their phone and it will turn on the speaker phone so you can talk to whoever answers.

There is lot of other stuff, It's for the hearing impaired, has talking features etc.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Good find and good price ...

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Sometimes with the automated dialers, you have to notify them you have one in use. Do you have a local pd? That models looks to be the only deal in that price range, prices go up and up from there. Try to find some product reviews before you order it.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 7:58 pm

mozz wrote: That models looks to be the only deal in that price range, prices go up and up from there. Try to find some product reviews before you order it.
I'm not super concerned about a one time price, just don't want to get stuck with anything that has recurring fees. Besides it appears they first call the company. Why would you want to do that instead of 911 right off the bat.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 7:59 pm

That one is actually more interesting becsue it says it has house alarm which would also be useful. I have a wireless doordbell screwed to the walker now. :lol:

McGiever

Post by McGiever » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 8:40 pm

HOW IT WORKS 1. When the door/window sensor or motion detector is triggered, it sounds an alarm and sends a signal to the base unit.

2. The base unit dials the first telephone number of your programmed list.

3. The person answering the call will hear a prerecorded alert message.

4. That person will have the option to listen in on the room, broadcast their voice through the base unit, or disarm the system.

5. If there is no answer, or if the person doesn’t disarm the system, it will dial the next number on your programmed list. Includes 1 base unit with AC adaptor, 1 window/door sensor (wireless transmission up to 250 feet).

6. The system is expandable up to 16 sensors and/or remote controls.
plus more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-HomeSafe-Alarm-S ... 4160b056aa

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 04, 2015 9:02 pm

McGiever wrote:
HOW IT WORKS 1. When the door/window sensor or motion detector is triggered, it sounds an alarm and sends a signal to the base unit.

4. That person will have the option to listen in on the room, broadcast their voice through the base unit, or disarm the system.

5. If there is no answer, or if the person doesn’t disarm the system, it will dial the next number on your programmed list. Includes 1 base unit with AC adaptor, 1 window/door sensor (wireless transmission up to 250 feet).

plus more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-HomeSafe-Alarm-S ... 4160b056aa
I don't really need anything that doors or windows, just the panic button and the house alarm(to alert someone else in the house) in the first one you posted would be nice. It's double block, my Gram's bed is downstairs so when I spend time there I stay on the one side especially at night. I got a wireless doorbell and screwed it to her walker which works really good becsue the walker is always with her. Of course that is only good if I'm there.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Apr. 05, 2015 7:11 am

Richard, check with the Area agency on aging . My wife's 86 yr old folks live in our rental trailer,we got this agency to install their set-up for free ! One can donate to the agency. The alert button is worn around the neck,when pushed it activates a beep-beep in the house to alert all in the house,it dials an answering service that then asks the person if help is needed & also dials (in our case,it dials our phone first) if no answer than it dials the next number on the list,it will dial 911 if needed.VERY good system & it is free to those who qualify.

McGiever

Post by McGiever » Sun. Apr. 05, 2015 9:39 pm

plus more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-HomeSafe-Alarm-S ... 4160b056aa[/quote]
I don't really need anything that doors or windows, just the panic button and the house alarm(to alert someone else in the house) in the first one you posted would be nice. It's double block, my Gram's bed is downstairs so when I spend time there I stay on the one side especially at night. I got a wireless doorbell and screwed it to her walker which works really good becsue the walker is always with her. Of course that is only good if I'm there.
A panic button option is available. Not so much for the doors and windows feature, but
I thought since this units allows you to listen in and to talk through the base unit it was a better unit. :idea:

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 05, 2015 11:18 pm

McGiever wrote: I thought since this units allows you to listen in and to talk through the base unit it was a better unit. :idea:
The first one you listed and the one I listed do that too. When it auto dials you can give the person you're calling the option of hitting 0 to activate the speakerphone.

They all pretty much do the same thing as far as the panic button goes. The only thing about the second one is I'll have to look to see how the house alarm works. If it dials when you use the house alarm that is not going to be useful to me. She is really good with not abusing the doorbell but she'll use when she needs me.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Apr. 06, 2015 1:46 am

Return to “Health”