Bed Wetting 7 Year Old

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 10:34 am

My oldest had the issue until he was 9 or 10. He has a friend who at 13 still does.

When I was a kid, my cousin still had the issue until he was 12 or 13.

$2800 buys a lot of Pull Ups and that's about as an effective treatment as anything else you'd buy with the money.

Just don't beat the kid over the head and make him feel bad about it. It's not like he does it on purpose.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 10:43 am

I do take cranberry concentrate in capsule form,it is hard to get cranberry juice without lots of sugar. I will see if my wife can get some with a lower sugar level to add additional cranberry to what I am already taking. I am also taking a juniper berry mix,a herbal cleanse called uriklean which both have helped big time but it seems my kidneys keep trying to go on vacation. JPete, I wish my parents had handled it differently,they seemed to think that I woke up every nite so I could wet the bed & then lay in it till morning,oh so much fun ! The electric fence treatments did not help me at all,i do not recall getting beat on the head but I have little padding on my butt cheeks to this day.

Ed.A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ed.A » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 10:52 am

I'm having a hard time contemplating kids being punished for accidents while sleeping. Don't get me wrong, my mother is from the south so getting a whooping was common for me ( I always worried about consequences" after" not "before" doing something stupid hheh), but not ever for something like this.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 11:03 am

I have read this thread previously and now for second time. I realize now I should have spoken up sooner but with this comes shame and guilt like many situations as a kid. I never went on a sleep over and only one grandma, (that just passed last week at 97 yrs old), would have me stay over. She never mentioned it or threw it in my face she only told me it was ok and she loved me! She would squeeze me so tight it made feel loved and she would smile and say she had the same problem. She could have been telling a fib maybe not but I didn't care about that. Every kid in the neighborhood knew I wet the bed and it followed me what seemed like forever...I was rebellious and moved out of the house at 17. My parents did the plastic under the sheets, I would wake up shivering and afraid to get out of bed until "the coast was clear", I shared a room with my younger brother and I know in the summer my room smelled like piss. I always got the hand me down mattress when a family member got a new bed and it would soon be ruined, the plastic always moved and it would be doomed. There were times I couldn't shower before school, 4 kids and mother fighting for the 1 bathroom, so it caused me to isolate. Like I said I rebelled any way I could if only there was an adult in the house to say it's ok. In 5th grade my school had an annual camp trip for 1 week, I packed an extra suitcase full of sheets. To my surprise they were never needed and this subconsciously told me I was ok NOT at home, boy pull ups would have saved me alot of pain and dis functional relationships. My 7 yr old wet the bed until he was 2 and a half and now he has no memory of it because neither do we. Like our friend Freddy say's "hug your loved ones!"

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 11:11 am

Well, I didn't understand then & still do not understand what they were thinking,i guess if you do not know what to do then grab the belt OR use the cattle fencer .I t wasn't just a few love taps with the belt either,sitting was hard to do afterwards,the electric fence treatments only prepared me better to handle the fence shocks when working on the farm & the 120 volt shocks while doing live electrical repairs,we never punished any of our children with the same problem.

Return to “Health”