University of Minnesota research

chri4098
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: these

Post by chri4098 » Fri. Jan. 14, 2022 5:29 pm

Hello, I am currently a senior at the University of Minnesota, majoring in political science. With that being said I am working on a research project looking into how media portrayal affects people’s reaction to climate change policy. I am particularly interested in hearing from those who live in rural communities as well as those who work in the agricultural industry. As this is a unique perspective many political scientists do not look into. I would appreciate it if people could take my survey:https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6V72uMzYtDRUCPQ. Also taking the survey will enter you into a drawing for one of the $20 gift cards I am giving away. The survey only takes between 5-10 minutes. The only eligibility requirements are to be over the age of 18, and proficient in English.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Fri. Jan. 14, 2022 7:01 pm

Not a bad survey.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Jan. 14, 2022 8:01 pm

I would have liked some different options on some of them. He would have got a better sense of what people actually believe.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 15, 2022 7:37 am

I did it & just answered the best I could with the options given--you're right Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't see where it could help anything but figure they got a federal grant to conduct the survey???

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jan. 15, 2022 4:05 pm

While I can't verify who this is 100% nor do I have intentions of doing so it's someone from MNU.

Also be aware that survey is hosted on a third party site. That is not something abnormal with surveys but it's not an MNU domain.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jan. 15, 2022 8:20 pm

I've removed a post, please don't share potentially private information of other members unless they have already shared it themselves. Thanks.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jan. 15, 2022 8:50 pm

I don't live in a rural community and most of the people on this forum will likely be classified as semi-rural or suburban.
chri4098 wrote:
Fri. Jan. 14, 2022 5:29 pm
....how media portrayal affects people’s reaction to climate change policy.
I would love to comment on this. I'm assuming you mean the news media, there is no such thing anymore. It's entertainment and the journalists of today might as well be considered actors. It's quite sad what the news media has devolved into. Granted there has always bias but today it's so overblown and even blatant.

Being a Senior at a University you are too young to have seen anything different. Unfortunately you will never get see anyone comparable to Peter Jennings and his contemporaries. I had to laugh about that news anchor getting canned about the helicopter coming under attack. Ted Koppel didn't have to lie about getting shot at, he had the film to prove it.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jan. 15, 2022 9:20 pm

Amen. Anytime I see reruns of newscasts from a couple decades or earlier ago it really shows how bad it is now. They told news and left most the drama out of it. Its all ratings and money now.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Jan. 15, 2022 9:30 pm

The FCC required news as part of the licensing deal. The networks have been fed bullshit since Marconi and they like it that way. They either played the game or they got benched. No different than today.

Return to “Farming & Rural Life”