Ford 841

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Sep. 14, 2016 3:20 am

Life is ever more interesting. The black dirt onion farmers down the road are having a super bumper crop this year. The new generation of diesel particulate filters on tractors are driving them crazy. So the Wezlowski (I hope I spelled that right) group are buying old tractors and they don't even care if they are gassers. Up to last year they were using Cletrac OC3 crawlers but the Hercules engines are getting impossible to keep running even for the worlds greatest mechanics which are Polish. So let's cut to the chase, I got offered $2800 more than I paid for that Ford 861 and so down the street it went. Yesterday there it was working away on Pulaski highway - poor thing. Now I needed a replacement.

Diesel is no good as the old ones stink up the indoor riding arena
5 speed with that up and down was driving the gal that rakes the riding ring nutz
I could see that 2 stage clutch was headed for trouble (live PTO)
Select O speed was not an option on replacement as only three people on the East coast know how to adjust the bands properly on the transmission (this aint Nebraska). This is where Rob tells me he can do it in 45 minutes.
A Ford Jubillee does not quite have the balls to drag the 6' groomer.

So I drove over to Montgomery to see Skip Chambers (the local ford dealer). He also has a private collection to die for and lurking in the back of his private shed ..... I had to listen to his family stories for 45 minutes... that was not easy... I did not know this granddaughter was the greatest kid in the world!
chambers 861.JPG

Power steering - YES

.JPG | 200.1KB | chambers 861.JPG
Hello gorgeous, I'm in love again ... totally rebuilt from the ground up. I saw it at the Otisville Fair last year. How the hell did the photo get upsidedown.... c rap. :(

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Wed. Sep. 14, 2016 4:03 am

Attachments

chambers 861.jpg
.JPG | 95.6KB | chambers 861.jpg

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Sep. 14, 2016 4:51 am

mm - Edited.jpg
.JPG | 185.7KB | mm - Edited.jpg
Thx grumps and one more for you. A totally perfect MM Jetstar 1 that he refused to sell me and that I could not afford anyway.

Return to “Farming & Rural Life”