Planet of the Humans

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. May. 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Michael Moore's new film.

Exposes the hoax of renewables. Over one hour.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. May. 05, 2020 11:55 am

franco b wrote:
Mon. May. 04, 2020 8:20 pm
Michael Moore's new film.

Exposes the hoax of renewables. Over one hour.
I'm half way through the video, and it is already clear to me that renewables are doomed to be a both a fraud and a failure (much as fracked oil and gas will prove to be, only far worse than for fracking). I'm amazed that Michael Moore financed this video, as it seems highly contrary to his agenda and that of his base. It's almost as if he has found a soul.

The scariest part is that they did not interview alternative energy bashers by which to paint a negative picture, but rather they went right to the alternative energy promoters, and when they are isolated and asked the right questions they paint the exact same picture of abject failure, perhaps even more concisely and logically.

The most evil part is that the promoters are charlatans who when among their own base (such as when among the likes of college students) push the doability, while admitting to a one in private that this is a blatant lie.

The Cliffs Notes version of much of this video came from Nuclear Physicist Albert Bartlet decades ago.

LeoinRI
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fonderies de Lion
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: J.S. Peckham Chicago #10, Weso, Our Glenwood 111, Sougland Excelsior 183

Post by LeoinRI » Tue. May. 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Just checked Al Gore's net worth = $350M (assuming source is correct). "Pretty well fixed" as my father-in-law used to say.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Tue. May. 05, 2020 3:12 pm

I watched this last night after it was posted and again this morning before work. Very interesting perspective with lots of insight into the subject. I'm not a "greenie" nor a hardcore believer in global warming jazz. But, I'm hoping that alternative energy stocks around for at least 10 more years. The research and development part of it has improved the consumer product significantly and prices for consumer based products like small windmills and solar panels have steadily dropped over the past 10 years. I'm hoping before the corporate side collapses, I hope prices on the consumer side drop and the product continues to improve. At that time I want to invest in a system that can be used three quarters of the year for ky needs.

Return to “Technology”