Free Shows/Movies if you have Comcast Internet

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 4:15 pm

If you are unaware you can watch just about anything available with you Comcast TV package on a PC or other device. You only need to login with your Comcast account, if you are at home or even they will recognize it as home connection and you don't need to login.

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

I dumped Comcast's TV package last year however they still have limited shows available if you login but mostly crap. Now the tip... just realized they also have the free previews available. Right now there is free week of Epix,. I'd imagine this also applies to other free previews for HBO, Cinemax etc.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Hell, even DISH network has all sorts of free movies--watchin EPIC as I type---needles to say I got the el cheapo old guy package---Telly Savalas as a bald headed cowboy--who-da-thunk!!!! LOL

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Yep, I just streamed a free movie on Epix with my Apple TV module.. There might be quite a few "freebies" going on right now..

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:19 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 5:57 pm
Hell, even DISH network has all sorts of free movies--watchin EPIC as I type---

Fred not sure if this clear but the free stuff is available thought their internet package only. I don't pay them for any TV but do get the free preview online.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Never understand people watchin movies on phones, tablets, desk tops--my DISH bill is $30.00 a month & I figure what I save burnin coal---it's all good. :) PLUS--previews make me crazier then I already am. LOL

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 2:57 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:22 pm
Never understand people watchin movies on phones, tablets, desk tops--
I have 55 inch TV but it only comes on for PS4 games. I usually only watch TV before going to bed and I use the laptop for that in bed typically falling asleep watching TV. One thing that is great about it is I take look here or read some news during commercials. There is commercial playing as I'm typing this. :D

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 5:46 am

Sure, easy for you to say!!! LOL I hope you never get laid up to find that the TV might become a real good friend & previews just don't cut it, plus ALL those commercials are good for working on patience & tolerance!! .>)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 10:40 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 5:46 am
Sure, easy for you to say!!! LOL I hope you never get laid up to find that the TV might become a real good friend & previews just don't cut it, plus ALL those commercials are good for working on patience & tolerance!! .>)

I have Philo which has most of the major channels, no sports or cable news so it's only $20 per month. It can work on your TV but you need Roku enabled device. Most laptops have HDMI out so you can always go that route too.

https://help.philo.com/hc/en-us/articles/36000621 ... nel-Lineup

Speaking of laid up in the hospital when my Mother was in the hospital I was watching TV in her room on my laptop... Same thing in the hotel.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Apr. 20, 2020 9:29 am

Fred, I believe preview means FREEview...as in limited time availability without a paid subscription for the extra channel...sort of a teaser to get you hooked.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Apr. 20, 2020 2:34 pm

If you have a library card, you can sign up for hoopla for free. Lots of good movies and one absolutely terrible one. It's for mobile devices but can cast to your TV. Watching "The Exception" right now.🙂

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Apr. 20, 2020 4:55 pm

McGiever wrote:
Mon. Apr. 20, 2020 9:29 am
Fred, I believe preview means FREEview...as in limited time availability without a paid subscription for the extra channel...sort of a teaser to get you hooked.
Yes it's free, most people are familiar with the free weekend of HBO or whatever they might get with their TV package occasionally. The point is if you have internet service only from Comcast you can also get the preview.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Apr. 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Haven't had any full channel previews in 2 weeks however they still have some series available from HBO. Watching the Soprano's now, I'm at the end of season two. 6 seasons and 86 one hour commercial free episodes altogether. Hope they don't pull the plug on it before I get done. I've watched it before when it was original but probably half the episodes at best.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Apr. 30, 2020 2:22 pm

DISH has had all sorts of free movies goin for 2 months now.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. May. 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Don't have cable, satellite, or internet. All I have is my cell phone. Was getting the Fox news briefings on it and Tucker, Hannity, etc., but they cut the service from my phone. I guess they want me to buy a package or something now, or log into something. Assume it costs $ like everything else. Using digital antennae down in this hole to get nightly news on television. I'm about to tell the wife he she wants a phone then fine, but I'm done with me. Half tempted to drop clean off the map...even with internet and start living again.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Wed. May. 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Wed. May. 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Don't have cable, satellite, or internet. All I have is my cell phone. Was getting the Fox news briefings on it and Tucker, Hannity, etc., but they cut the service from my phone. I guess they want me to buy a package or something now, or log into something. Assume it costs $ like everything else. Using digital antennae down in this hole to get nightly news on television. I'm about to tell the wife he she wants a phone then fine, but I'm done with me. Half tempted to drop clean off the map...even with internet and start living again.
No internet? How are you on here?

Return to “Technology”