coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Sep. 23, 2019 6:59 am

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/09/elec ... ilure.html

This flawed logic is coming here.... bit by bit. Stupid UN directives. rowdy school kids taught how to think by loser liberals convinced of climate doom and down the slope we go.

The early signs are subtle, moderators on coal boards changing to heat pumps with variable speed compressors that will be maintenance nightmare killing all cost advantages. Supersmart coal delivery truckers will get sucked in next.

Aussie land is in so much trouble that the police are stopping cars and confiscating lose change to stop people drifting from the aussie dollar (I kid you not).

Hey, this is coal board.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Sep. 23, 2019 8:28 am

Headin for Freetown Simon??????????????????????????? I know Chazy has been taken in!! ;) Oh goody!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Sep. 23, 2019 8:56 am

The early signs are subtle, moderators on coal boards changing to heat pumps with variable speed compressors that will be maintenance nightmare killing all cost advantages. Supersmart coal delivery truckers will get sucked in next.
8-)

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Mon. Sep. 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Well... Barney will still need to wait for his commission a bit longer before I place an order on a new Tesla but I contemplate it from time to time. As for the HVAC guy, he smiles like a butchers dog as I slice my own throat. Will I now get VIP invitation to the infamous Chazy BBQ parties? :D

Interesting article though, CN... shame too because I’ve always felt the Aussies were rather intelligent. I still maintain that here in the States our “evolving” electricity generation habits will one day come back to haunt us. Three Mile Island closed the doors for the final time last Friday at noon and steam coal is obviously on its way out around here.

I usually go with whatever is most reliable but Just like you say with the oil, it’s all about the popular trend at the time. Sad.

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Mon. Sep. 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Kinda on same subject,the very funny Mark Steyn. https://www.marketwatch.com/video/opinion-mark-st ... 69472.html

Return to “Technology”