Need input on a combination alarm / security camera system.

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Sun. Jun. 09, 2019 11:03 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Thu. Jun. 06, 2019 2:54 pm
have to fence in the "chickens" to keep them around, long enough for an air rifle sniper to take them out one by one.

the goat won't fare any better.

I had friends experience a string of break ins at several houses they were refurbing to flip. bums stripped out all the wiring , copper, sheet metal. took the furnaces, water heaters, etc, etc.

they asked about putting dogs in the houses and were disappointed by not following my advise against it. because the thieves were not just so brazen to break in again and take the same stuff all over again but heartless enough to kill the dogs at 2 of the houses in the process.

sadly the visible restraints, like window and door bars and locks are only good enough to keep honest people from going beyond curiosity.

our experience at the lumber yard is that we needed multiple motion cams and spots outside and inside with the cams rolling for 5 seconds before the spots come on. pretty amazing how every time there's an unauthorized visit to the property or an entry, when the cams start at the first motion but the lights are delayed when the lights do come on the jerks ALL look right at the light ( which is right next to the cam )

we also have budget enough for instant feed to an alarm company and the city police. we only use sirens on the inside of the buildings not outside with in the fencing.

Paulie, I know you'll get this figured, it's just 'digital' rigging and you are well on your way.

steve
A few years back while we were working in Texas, not only did they break in our Scranton shop and strip out all of the copper......... They stole the security system hard drive. :lol:

I like the delayed light next to the camera idea and will definitely incorporate that.

I was thinking of a silent alarm.......... Maybe linked to trigger my crossbow.
Problem is I would probably forget to disarm it and be its first victim. :o

Paulie

Pauliewog
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.

Post by Pauliewog » Sun. Jun. 09, 2019 11:05 pm

mntbugy wrote:
Sun. May. 12, 2019 8:11 am
You can do the low cost method.

Get yourself a billy goat for inside the building and some guinea fowl for the out side.

Fertilizer for your green house and food on the table.
Just what I need ....... Another mouth to feed. :lol:

Paulie

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Sun. Jun. 09, 2019 11:22 pm

cArNaGe wrote:
Fri. Jun. 07, 2019 1:33 pm
I would build my own system, but there are some good systems out there. I would go with POE ip cameras.
https://ipcamtalk.com has lots of info.

The cliff notes will start you in the right direction. https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/ip-cam-talk-cliff-notes/
Wow...... I'm glad you chimed in, Thanks for those links!

I just spent the last hour just hitting the highlights and not only picked up a lot of good tips, but also learned quite a few Do's and Dont's.

Paulie

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Jun. 10, 2019 7:49 pm

6TB or 8TB drive Western Digital surveillance is what you need with 8-10 cameras...
Depending on what compression and FPS it uses will give you about 2-3 weeks of storage...
Don't use a standard data drive...

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Tue. Jun. 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Why not just get a service like Simplesafe and let the cameras

monitor and record to cell service so no hard drive is involved?

They charge $ 19.95 a month for the service.

BigBarney

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Thu. Jun. 13, 2019 9:16 am

At 24 months you own the DVR...
At 48 months you own 3 cameras...
Better cameras better video and more choice in cameras...

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Jun. 13, 2019 9:51 am

10 years and still performing. 10 simple $60 Foscams and low cost software covering three buildings. Port forwarding when I go away. Motion alarms and even audio if I want it. A poor horse farmers solution. Sorry about the poor res, it is actually much better than that.

Attachments

security.JPG
.JPG | 330.7KB | security.JPG

Return to “Technology”