coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Sep. 14, 2017 8:11 am

http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/experts-prove-power-grid-hacked-09122017

Wow, we need to get on this one. Much more believable that an EMP jolt. I mean Symantec would not lie to us! You remember them, the guys that totally screwed up my last PC.

I am even wondering if I have been infected? As I look at it this morning my Wings Best ash door is open .. I know I did not leave it like that.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Sep. 14, 2017 10:32 am

While the specifics of the networks that control the grid are not public knowledge networks like these can be a closed network with an "air gap", there is no physical connection to the outside world. It's the same thing with classified networks. While not impossible to get in it's very difficult. You would get in by first infecting a computer, USB drive, etc. of someone that works there. They then need to physically carry that electronic device over the air gap and connect it to the closed network, this could be purposeful or accidental. These types of networks have very strict protocols and very limited access for devices brought in from the outside. If you have successfully infected the network whatever your virus does needs to operate autonomously.

FYI, this is exactly how Stuxnet worked.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Sep. 14, 2017 11:51 am

Well, if this lady is reporting accurately and Symantec is correct (big ifs) the air gap protocol has already been breached. The world of Stuxnet and Siemens controllers seems so dated now.

Return to “Technology”