The Future is Light

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Tue. Aug. 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Goodbye WiFi! New Li-Fi Internet Is 100 Times Faster (And SAFER!)

http://www.bodymindsoulspirit.com/goodbye-wifi-new-li-fi-internet-is-100-times-faster/

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Aug. 01, 2017 1:39 pm

More than twice as fast as dial-up?

That's just crazy talk.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Tue. Aug. 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Ive been hearing for 10 years how web will eventually come thru our electric wires and im still waiting for that. But this is essentially the same thing, anyone with power, or even a generator, could use it.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. Aug. 01, 2017 7:28 pm

The future is quantum computing. And the future / future is the quantum teleportation of information (or more?) at a distance. The ultimate in both speed and encryption that relies upon a phenomenon loosely referred to as "quantum weirdness".

Don't quote (or flame) me on this but I quite rudimentarily believe the bare essence of quantum encryption works something akin to (though assuredly not precisely as) what follows:

A photon "pair" is created, and one of the photon (light wave/particle) pair is retained somehow (perhaps via sending it through a crystal which greatly slows it down) , while its partner is sent speeding off to some distant destination at light speed. Quantum mechanics proclaims that if one of these two photons which "forever" form a pair is "ever" polarized into a certain plane, the other photon of the pair will "immediately" polarize into the same (or is it a 90 degree opposed, this orientation part I've forgotten) plane, regardless of how far they are apart from each other, even if it be to the far reaches of the universe in distance. So the message photons are sent, and then they are end user received. And then the retained photons are polarized into a sort of dot dash like information containing pattern, whereby immediately (breaking the speed of light) the same thing occurs at a distance to the partner photons of the retained pairs, and "poof" an encoded message has just been sent, for which no one but the sender knows the polarization encryption code. The recipient gets the message properly without any need for decryption (which effectively takes place at the sending end). And no one in-between can even potentially have access to what just took place, let alone try to capture and decrypt it (since if they capture it, it hasn't even been encrypted yet, and thus is merely just some totally random light particles, plus the actual recipient in this case receives nothing, and therefore never confirms a "receipt", upon which 'non-news' the sender simply doesn't bother to polarize/encrypt).

The Chinese claim to have recently accomplished this via beaming photon pair "partners" to a satellite. The satellite verified photon and then polarized message receipt, and it matched the polarization pattern of the senders photons here on the ground.

I'm appreciatively awaiting a better understanding of this than my current rudimentary understanding.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Aug. 01, 2017 8:39 pm

I heard on the radio today that computers are developing their own language to communicate with each other and we have no idea what they are saying or doing.

A link to the story.

http://bgr.com/2017/07/31/facebook-ai-shutdown-language/

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. Aug. 01, 2017 10:14 pm

coaledsweat wrote:I heard on the radio today that computers are developing their own language to communicate with each other and we have no idea what they are saying or doing.
That's scary! Good thing they were not mobile or armed (or both).

So far the AI computers that have been put onto the net to interface with humans have only required a short period before they were suggesting gas chambers and other forms of death to humans. They have no soul or sense of morality or guilt.

Some day we may find that the knowledge of good and evil is synonymous with consciousness.

40 years ago I was fascinated by this book: https://www.amazon.com/Origin-Consciousness-Breakdown-Bicame ... 8&qid=&sr=

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Aug. 02, 2017 7:12 am

grumpy wrote:Goodbye WiFi! New Li-Fi Internet Is 100 Times Faster (And SAFER!)

http://www.bodymindsoulspirit.com/goodbye-wifi-new-li-fi-internet-is-100-times-faster/
This isn't new but has a very large issue because it needs line of sight, a single tree branch or any other obstruction will "cut" the signal.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Aug. 02, 2017 7:27 am

coaledsweat wrote:I heard on the radio today that computers are developing their own language to communicate with each other and we have no idea what they are saying or doing.

A link to the story.

http://bgr.com/2017/07/31/facebook-ai-shutdown-language/
I've read about that the other day, they apparently decided the human language was too inefficient and invented their own. How they are communicating sounds like gibberish to a human and has no relation to how humans would communicate. A linguistic expert may have difficulty understanding it.

Return to “Technology”