Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Jul. 03, 2018 2:05 am

lsayre wrote:
Mon. Jul. 02, 2018 9:06 am
That racing game is awesome!
It's one of the top selling titles for the Play Station through it's different versions. The PS4 came out in 2003, the game hit the shelves just last Fall after many delays because the head guy wanted it perfect. It may have been in development for 5 plus years.

There is 3 or 4 American race tracks but they are fictional, I'd imagine licensing is the issue. Two however closely resemble real tracks, Dover and Pocono. The Pocono clone is a little shorter but has the same layout and 3 different corners. Driving the high speed cars on the Dover clone has given me more respect for the real drivers on that track. My first impression was that can't be right but if you watch the playback it looks like what you would expect if you were watching it on TV. Those guys must be physically exhausted and mentally drained after the end of that race. I break a sweat sitting in the Lazyboy. :lol:

There is also some dirt tracks:

There is presently 20 tracks with the expectation more will be available. Each track has multiple layouts including infield races on tracks like the Pocono clone, approximately 70 different layouts altogether.

Depending on the type of race the cars can be "tuned". You can use different tires, change the transmissions ratios, ride height etc. Some races require fuel and tire management. There is also about 170 different cars to choose from, anything from a 1968 18HP Fiat 500 up to factory designed concept cars with 1000+ HP.

The controls are pressure sensitive and you have to use them working the triggers for the gas and the brake. Same thing with the steering on the joystick. You can buy a regular steering wheel with gas, accelerator and clutch or even one with racing seat if you wanted to get crazy. I really like this game and it would be cool to try it with real wheel but not going to happen. :)

Return to “Technology”