Ios7...Thoughts?

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 6:19 pm

For those of you who own apple products what are your thoughts with the new operating system?

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I just heard on the news it's making some people sea sick.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Apple iOS 7 Literally Making Some Users Sick
Sept. 26, 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/apple-ios-litera ... d=20385379

tcalo

Post by tcalo » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 7:28 pm

grumpy wrote:I just heard on the news it's making some people sea sick.
Thats amazing! I happen to have an iphone 4 and and updated to ios7. My wife refuses...smart woman!

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Is it making you dizzy? I'm new to the iphone 5, and with the finger print thing on the new iphone 5s this may be my first and last iphone.

I see no point in the upgrade, not for me anyway..

tcalo

Post by tcalo » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 8:05 pm

There's a lot more movement with icons and photos with the new ios. I'm not getting sick from it, but it does become a pain when trying to focus on the screen. I could rattle off a hundred reasons why I dislike ios7, but then again opinions are like a-holes...everyone's got them and they all stink!

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Camera features are upgraded, but daughter said the white background is a little annoying and it is "cartoony". If you upgrade you can't go back.

LDPosse

Post by LDPosse » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 9:07 pm

It has taken a little bit to get used to, but I'm overall very happy with the new iOS. The camera response is much better, switching between open programs is big improvement. The control center, which you can access by swiping up from the lock screen is also handy, and it has a built in flashlight on that screen.. no more 3rd party app needed. The more I use it, I find little things that I like about it.

I personally liked the skeumorphisms in the prior versions of iOS.... I thought they looked kind of classy... But I guess it was time for a change!

I can't say that I have had any trouble with motion sickness with iOS7.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Sep. 26, 2013 9:18 pm

I think I'll stick with what I have, I didn't want a smart phone in the first place but its about all you can get these days. I caved in only because it's helpful when working and I did need a new phone. My old one was eight years old..

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Fri. Sep. 27, 2013 3:21 am

Forget IOS7, my new $19 Wallyworld Tracfone will get an operational upgrade soon and will then run on rice without any batteries. I do miss the NSA being able to track me. With the $200 a month I save on phone bills I will soon be able to afford food and I'm running to Shoprite this morning.Once my phone links to the bluetooth in the car it runs much better than an iphone. Reception is always seems to be the same as Verizon around here as tracfone uses AT&T. I rarely use the horse for that trip but admittedly the iphone would work better then. However, I do miss that app that tells me how to find an Ethopian restaurant in Freetown Corners although I do have my GPS that does. Borrowed an iphone 3 once, butt dialed God knows how many times and cracked the screen. Horse manure washes off a clamshell much easier.

I'm buying that food right after I look over that Modern Glenwood 114 a neighbor has found in his barn that I don't have a clue what to do with. I mean the essentials in life must come first.

How do you tell people they are wasting money diplomatically? It's lucky I have those political skills and I know what's essential in this world. Let's all go out and buy a gold phone and be cool :P. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.

Psst, I have been fighting Verizon for 13 years over a $1300 bill. I'll buy a carrier pigeon before I pay that bill. phkm.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Fri. Sep. 27, 2013 4:03 am

like coalnewbie, im seriously contemplating going back to a simple simon nokia flip (I have computers all around me wherever I go, I have a GPS and I use a pro digital camera that can accept wide angle lenses and such), why do I need to pay crazy money and have a battery that lasts hours instead of days (I can have voice mail and text....what more do I need a stinkin' phone to do)!

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Fri. Sep. 27, 2013 4:29 am

iOs 7 SUCKS THE BIG ONE! Most pathetic "upgrade" I have recieved so far. It reacts like an HTC droid phone, if I I wanted that garbage I would have bought that. My phone have bogged right down since upgrade with freakin lag that makes me wanna crush it in my hand. I could go on but you get my picture. I guess the processor in the older 4 just cant handle it. :mad:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Fri. Sep. 27, 2013 5:00 am

. I guess the processor in the older 4 just cant handle it. :mad:
Bend over I have just the gold phone you need and to think my wife tells me I'm insensitive.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Fri. Sep. 27, 2013 6:17 am

No cell phone...........no problems !

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Fri. Sep. 27, 2013 6:56 am

coalnewbie wrote:
. I guess the processor in the older 4 just cant handle it. :mad:
Bend over I have just the gold phone you need and to think my wife tells me I'm insensitive.
Wow are you flirting with me CN? Kinda leaves a small warm fuzzy feelin inside. toothy I know the goddarn things are nothing but a waste of money, but who else will help feed the 10 year old china girl who put my phone together?!

Return to “Technology”