Straight-Talk Cellular Phone Service...

Cyber36
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Marathon/Logwood

Post by Cyber36 » Thu. Mar. 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Been thinking of signing up for $45.00 a month unlimited everything. Anybody use it & have a review to share??

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Thu. Mar. 14, 2013 1:59 pm

price is certainly right... who's the service provider?
Im feeling Verison is Comcasts lil' evil sister :mad: I think they both need to exorcised from our lives forever! :dancing:

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Thu. Mar. 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Cyber36 wrote:Been thinking of signing up for $45.00 a month unlimited everything. Anybody use it & have a review to share??

I haven't switched yet I'm waiting for my plan to hit the anniversary, but a couple of my co workers say it's better than any plan they have had!

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Thu. Mar. 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Interestingly enough, my sister has Straight Talk and her phone will link up to my Verizon extender. Only Verizon customers can link to that extender.

:wtf:

carlherrnstein
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: combustioneer model 77B
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker/Ohio bituminous

Post by carlherrnstein » Fri. Mar. 15, 2013 11:40 am

I got two identical phones one for me and one for my wife, dealing with the hindos that speak broken english to get the phones working is a nightmare. I ended up abanding the service cause there was a problem with her phone she called and got it fixed....well they jacked up my phone...i call get it fixed.....hers doesnt work....she calls gets it fixed, mine stops working. So I said F it and gave up on mine. The call quality is good the internet is good, once you get it working its fine. I would advise you to find out what phone network the model of phone you chose runs on and see it it works well in your area. the couple android phones run on sprints network so if sprint doesnt work where you are then the android wont work.

hcarlow
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL 110

Post by hcarlow » Fri. Mar. 15, 2013 4:03 pm

We tried it for a few months and what a night mare ,as our signal in our remote area came off a verizon tower which is only half mile away . It was fine as long as there weren't to many verizon customers useing the tower I guess but when there were guess who gets bumped off . I know others who live in other areas who seem to like it .

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post by SuperBeetle » Sat. Mar. 16, 2013 8:28 am

Been using the $30.00 plan for 2 years now. No complaints to speak of. Ours use At&t towers but depending on the phone could use Verizon, At&t, or T-Mobile. The Smart Phones use Sprint.

Cyber36
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Marathon/Logwood

Post by Cyber36 » Thu. Mar. 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Pretty mixed review. When current contract is up in April, I think I'm gonna try the Verizon version even though almost all the carriers offer their own version. The coverage is decent & the tower is only 1/8 of a mile from my residence in farm country. Can't afford NOT to try it. I'm done getting screwed every month on taxes & surcharges for a basic phone with basic service!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Mar. 21, 2013 2:05 pm

My in-laws use Straight Talk, and they also made sure the phones they got use the Verizon towers...works great for them.

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post by SuperBeetle » Mon. Nov. 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Found some good deals on Straight Talk refills. Less than $17.00 for the $30.00 plan. It's legit and definitely cheap. Ebay baby :secret:

urdahere

Post by urdahere » Mon. Nov. 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Take a look at Consumer Cellular ( https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Plans ) and compare the packages with Straight Talk.

No contract with Consumer Cellular and you can adjust your usage plan on the fly. Been using it for several years now and have had 0 issues.

Joe

Return to “Technology”