Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Chesswithfriends.

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Sat. Aug. 30, 2014 2:21 pm

mozz wrote: Also, Torque pro, (odbII code reader) with a $12 bluetooth obd adapter from Amazon, this program will read all check engine codes, srs (airbag) codes, rpm, voltage, timing, trans temp and much more. A handheld obd code reader doesn't even come close. I don't mind paying .99c or even more for a good decent app. Some of those include conversion apps, like a engineers handbook, ruler and protractor, level, screw thread pitch sizes, electronic connector pinouts etc.etc.
Which adapter did you buy? I was looking at a few and some of them seem sketchy. I like the look of that Torque Pro app and for 5 bucks, it seems well worth it if I can get a cheap adapter to go with it.

I'm looking at buying a used vehicle shortly and this seems like a good thing to take on the test drive.

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Sat. Aug. 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Don't remember which one I bought, but most any one with bluetooth from Amazon or Ebay should be ok, I have heard of problems with the smaller sized ones. Make sure it says elm327. If any check engine lights were recently cleared, this will show you how long ago. They make wi-fi models now so your phone will connect like it does to a wireless router, think they cost more than the bluetooth though. Mine connect no problem, I also have a usb one if I feel like taking the laptop for a ride but that uses a windows program. You can take the car for a ride and log all the parameters, I do not know which ones will give you the best info on the condition of the motor. You can watch it come up to temp and see the thermostat cycle, can see fuel trims, timing, trans temp if it has that sensor, probably some for catalytic converter efficiency.

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Sun. Aug. 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Well, I pulled the trigger on this adapter. Hope it works and thanks for the heads up on the Torque app!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=pe_385040 ... 00_TE_item

Return to “Technology”