Premium Vrs Blaschak

coalloser

Post by coalloser » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 11:28 am

Has anyone burned/tried both of these? I know that there are much better ones based in the Tamaqua area but they do not deliver to my neck of the woods and I do not have the ability to get it myself. All the dealers in my area seem to deliver Premium. The only other option I have is to continue to burn Blaschak but I do not get very long burns but do seem to get a ton of ash. Just curious if Premium would be any better and what experiences you have had with it
Last edited by coalloser on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to the Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews forum

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 3:25 pm

coalloser wrote:Has anyone burned/tried both of these? I know that there are much better ones based in the Tamaqua area but they do not deliver to my neck of the woods and I do not have the ability to get it myself. All the dealers in my area seem to deliver Premium. The only other option I have is to continue to burn Blaschak but I do not get very long burns but do seem to get a ton of ash. Just curious if Premium would be any better and what experiences you have had with it
You would be better off with South Tamaqa coal pockets or Tuscarora coal co. Then Premium Fine coal co. They use alot of Refuse coal mixed in with Surface mine coal. not the best in Quality . South Tamaqua coal pockets in right in front of
them if your looking from Route 309 .Look on the First link Under Schuylkill County you will see Premium Fine coal on the Refuse coal list . Ask you Dealer or Delivery Guy to Try one of the other's. If he Won't then Try looking for another Delivery Guy or call one of these Places and ask them if the have a Dealer or Delivery Guy in your area . Or Just Stick with Blaschak

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

garyk2303

Post by garyk2303 » Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 2:00 pm

I usually burn South Tamaqua in my Harman insert hand fed. However this year I decided to try Blaschak nut coal. Big mistake (3.5 ton to be exact), burns with more ash, less heat, and needs more draft. I will be sticking with South Tamaqua! Anybody know if South Tamaqua is still getting raw coal from LCN?

coalloser

Post by coalloser » Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 7:20 pm

I agree. The amount of ash on Blashack is very high. I can fill up a 55 gallon trash can in 5 days

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sun. Jan. 25, 2009 7:46 am

Very true about the ash content, I didn't know the difference, Being a nubee to coal. I'm getting a ton of ash from Blaschak nut and I just poopped my second ton (this one is from Reading),much bigger and it seems better already.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Sun. Jan. 25, 2009 10:45 pm

garyk2303 wrote:I usually burn South Tamaqua in my Harman insert hand fed. However this year I decided to try Blaschak nut coal. Big mistake (3.5 ton to be exact), burns with more ash, less heat, and needs more draft. I will be sticking with South Tamaqua! Anybody know if South Tamaqua is still getting raw coal from LCN?
Yes They get alot of mine run coal from LC&N

New Hope Engineer
Coal Size/Type: Nut pea

Post by New Hope Engineer » Sat. Aug. 01, 2009 6:23 pm

premium is getting alot from LCN right now.i burned this coal last year and did not have any problems at all. :) guess you would have to try it for yourself to see if it works for you.
mark

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Sun. Aug. 02, 2009 2:59 pm

New Hope Engineer wrote:premium is getting alot from LCN right now.i burned this coal last year and did not have any problems at all. :) guess you would have to try it for yourself to see if it works for you.
mark
Well if you like the coal so much why not buy direct from LC & N at there own coal breaker and cut out the middle man
They are only up the road few miles from Premium Fine coal co. & South Tamaqua coal Pockets .
Go to there own Greenwood breaker .

New Hope Engineer
Coal Size/Type: Nut pea

Post by New Hope Engineer » Sun. Aug. 02, 2009 8:33 pm

coal berner wrote:
New Hope Engineer wrote:premium is getting alot from LCN right now.i burned this coal last year and did not have any problems at all. :) guess you would have to try it for yourself to see if it works for you.
mark
Well if you like the coal so much why not buy direct from LC & N at there own coal breaker and cut out the middle man
They are only up the road few miles from Premium Fine coal co. & South Tamaqua coal Pockets .
Go to there own Greenwood breaker .

i get it for a nice price from premium. :D

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”