Kepners Farm Supply?

jschaefer7406

Post by jschaefer7406 » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 12:27 am

Hey guys,

Anyone in Williamsport PA (and surrounding areas) buy from Kepner’s Farm Supply? Used them on and off years ago, not sure how they’ve been lately. Mostly was decent, save for one batch that produced the WORST clinkers. Was miserable, digging the grates every morning and night. Other batches from there were okay though, was just that one.

Been buying from Direnzo for many years since, but as we know, that train has sailed. So anyone using Kepner’s nowadays?

Thanks!
Joe

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 1:03 am

I can't help with the Kerper's quality, hope that someone can help.

This is good way from Billtown, but there is a hauler that has advertised on facebook marketplace for years. I don't know anything about it. He's in Paxinos. Kevin Wormald. No mention of the source of the coal. $300/ton, 3 ton minimum, all sizes. Only delivers 25 miles, but maybe he'll go farther for extra$ ? I would guess that you're closer to 50 mi. Looks to be a stone, dirt and coal hauler.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/8174646 ... cf5014d739

I haven't heard a thing about their coal, but the DiRenzo breaker is open under new name/ownership. RIE group. One of their operations is the RS&W deep mine. I would guess that at least some of their ROM is from there?

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 7:33 pm

jschaefer7406 wrote:
Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 12:27 am
Hey guys,

Anyone in Williamsport PA (and surrounding areas) buy from Kepner’s Farm Supply? Used them on and off years ago, not sure how they’ve been lately. Mostly was decent, save for one batch that produced the WORST clinkers. Was miserable, digging the grates every morning and night. Other batches from there were okay though, was just that one.

Been buying from Direnzo for many years since, but as we know, that train has sailed. So anyone using Kepner’s nowadays?

Thanks!
Joe
Where are you located? I offer delivery on sherman coal if you are intersted send a PM.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jan. 07, 2023 10:24 am

The Sherman coal is good burning stuff, it's definitely on my short list to get. I got three ton of stove a couple of months ago. Next load will be a load of Sherman Rice. Isaac hauled it for me.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”