Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Wed. Mar. 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Rob R. wrote:
Wed. Mar. 01, 2023 11:22 am
That is not a bad thing. Blaschak has good coal and their prices are very competitive.
I couldn't agree more Rob, I burned Blaschak all last season from a friend of mines coal business it was a win win for me I got to support his business and got good coal. Sadly this year I just could not afford to buy from him due to the prices. I was lucky enough to find Sherman and there quality is pretty equal to Blaschak might even give off less ash. If prices do settle down in the future I would like to go back to my friends business and support him. (Mengles Coal & Oil) they are out of Weatherly PA.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Mar. 01, 2023 4:31 pm

Rob R. wrote:
Wed. Mar. 01, 2023 11:22 am
That is not a bad thing. Blaschak has good coal and their prices are very competitive.
It's good coal but it's not worth 390 a ton when i can get Sherman for 200 a ton plus delivery. I can't blame him because Blaschak is getting 350 a ton, but mom and I are on fixed incomes, gotta pinch pennies everywhere we can. I'm glad we were able to stock up last year and that I was able to get the 80 bags of coal to replace most of what i hauled in my sons truck last summer.
I'm nowhere near a delivery yet, back half of the bin is still near the ceiling, but I will never let it get low, i'm gonna do my best to keep it full and mom warm.
They ran a giant gas line thru the neighborhood and under two creeks to feed the new power plant in Birdsboro but we didnt get natural gas in the neighborhood and there are no plans on it. oil is stupid expensive and so is propane and electric, we used to have a heat pump and the electric and the oil bill were always high.
Coal was just over 100 bucks a ton in 2005 when I started heating with coal.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Mar. 01, 2023 5:15 pm

lincolnmania wrote:
Wed. Mar. 01, 2023 4:31 pm
It's good coal but it's not worth 390 a ton when i can get Sherman for 200 a ton plus delivery.
Sherman is priced well below average, I would do the same for that kind of savings.

joegabe22
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A250
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kodiak Stoker Stove 1

Post by joegabe22 » Sat. Mar. 04, 2023 6:46 am

I have been using Mengle and burning Blaschak as well. Great service and the coal does burn well; however, paying 75% more does not make sense.

Any recommendations on a 6 ton rice delivery to the Mountain Top area? I am open to Sherman or another cost effective option.

stokerstove
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kodiak Stokerstove 1

Post by stokerstove » Sat. Mar. 04, 2023 9:25 am

joegabe22 wrote:
Sat. Mar. 04, 2023 6:46 am
I have been using Mengle and burning Blaschak as well. Great service and the coal does burn well; however, paying 75% more does not make sense.

Any recommendations on a 6 ton rice delivery to the Mountain Top area? I am open to Sherman or another cost effective option.
I'm in the same situation as you. Mengle has been a good supplier, however paying that much more no longer makes burning coal economical. So far the best option I have is to go back to hauling it myself, in small batches, probably through the warmer months to build a stockpile. Planning on visiting Mazaika coal on Monday to give it a try. They are the closest option I can find where you're able to load your own.

There is always hope that lower prices will come back and we can continue with mengle. Saving $100 or more per ton is worth the extra work, IMO.

Supposedly coal prices are dropping but not locally. Called a couple days ago and Mengle was at $350/ton for rice, delivered.

Dreamcatcher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska kodiak

Post by Dreamcatcher » Sat. Mar. 04, 2023 10:19 am

Want to go to Mazaika next week also and pick two tons of nut and try it before the season over I really don’t believe that coal price will come down any time soon but who knows

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Mon. Mar. 06, 2023 3:15 pm

joegabe22 wrote:
Sat. Mar. 04, 2023 6:46 am

Shoot me a PM I deliver sherman coal. I also have a thread on here about it.
Sherman coal delivered
Isaac

Dreamcatcher

Post by Dreamcatcher » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 9:42 am

Picked up 1 3/4 tons of nut at Mazaika coal Thursday. The coal is nice and clean and it burns really well with white ash and David Mazaika is a nice guy to deal with all and all it was a good experience

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 10:33 am

Dreamcatcher wrote:
Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 9:42 am
Picked up 1 3/4 tons of nut at Mazaika coal Thursday. The coal is nice and clean and it burns really well with white ash and David Mazaika is a nice guy to deal with all and all it was a good experience
Price?

Dreamcatcher

Post by Dreamcatcher » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 11:23 am

Mazaika coal $260.00 ton

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 11:45 am

Dreamcatcher wrote:
Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 11:23 am
Mazaika coal $260.00 ton
Thats about what was at the local breaker in my area last october,last time i bought any. Which translates into $300 delivered. Right now its $325 ton at the same breaker which would be roughly $365 delivered. I guess id better hang on to my Coal Co.stock. Going up instead of down.

halftrack
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: reading allegheny
Other Heating: oil hw radiators winter hw ventless ng heater

Post by halftrack » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 5:44 pm

did you call before going? i could use some rice but can never get through on the phone

Dreamcatcher

Post by Dreamcatcher » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 7:22 pm

No I did not call just went there he was at lunch so I hug out he was back at 1:00 he told Me if I get there and don’t see anyone he will be back shortly This a one man show David Mazaika does everything He told Me he has a part time guy when he needs him I have been burning his coal for two days and very impressed

halftrack
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: reading allegheny
Other Heating: oil hw radiators winter hw ventless ng heater

Post by halftrack » Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 8:33 pm

thanks for info. don t want to run my 40 year old diesel pickup up there for nothing

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 4:27 pm

My 2 cents .First i crack my ow n coal from a deep mine .Just a hobby for a 70 year old .Second i and neighbor go to Mazaika
For his 2 stoves .Dave Maz impressed metalking about his souce of raw coal .His business goes back to 1945 .Piles were really clean up the back from his breaker .Old time operator .His Helper Is 8o years old .Nice 400 Warm Morning stove in scale house .A fellow in a chevy pickup came buy as Maz was out on a delivery .Chezy guy weighed his rtruck and loaded 1500 hundred pound .Said ill be bact To Pay Dave After I unload Truck .You Guys ever Heard Of That .Anyway my opinion of coal is Nice Clean Buddy Says It burns Very Well .Again i Crack My Own see poston Here Crack House .By Jack .Try a half ton .What can you lose Jack in Allentown Pa .

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”