Price Hikes: The Continuation

UncleDoDat
Hand Fed Coal Stove: King-O-Heat
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald #6
Coal Size/Type: Nut & Stove Size
Other Heating: Natural Gas

Post by UncleDoDat » Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 3:51 pm

"It going to continue to get worst."

Those words are straight from Ole Yoder's mouth. My Amish coal dealer. (I swear he starting resemble a drug dealer)😏As I drive away watching him count my pennies, handing wads of twenties to his grandson while speaking Yiddish to him. Teaching him young no doubt.

So, from the other Price Hikes thread. I think we can all agree that politics have invaded our coal prices. But far as my view can see or deal with I consider what I can actually do about it. Which is absolutely nothing. Except maybe buying low. Which means buying right now.

With that being said. Around the end of September I called myself getting ahead of price hikes. So I grabbed a pallet for $360.00. that's a $50.00 increase from what I paid the end of last season around 309.00

It just really starting to get cold here in Delaware. So, I haven't even put a dent in that first ton as of yet.
Now, I usually buy my coal as needed. I buy 1 ton at a time and Yoder allows me to split the ton between stove & nut sizes. When I see that I'm getting low. I hook the trailer to the truck and I go holler at Yoder. My Amish coal dealer. (Doesn't that just sound ominous?😎) Anyways, I decided to just ride down to ole Yoder's farm to just touch bases. You know, bend his ear.

Well, well, well. I shouldn't be surprised, I shouldn't even be shocked. Ole Yoder tells me that the new going price for a pallet of coal is $420 bucks. But, wait, wait, wait. I gets worst. He tells me next week 1 pallet will be up to $500 bucks.

Me in panic mode😲: Scraped my pennies together and grabbed 1 pallet of stove coal. Tomorrow I'll be scraping more pennies together for a pallet of nut coal. Before the $80 increase. Hoping that'll get me through the winter. After seeing what Buffalo New York just went through I believe it's just a matter of time before we get hit really hard.
IMG_20221122_145309_363.jpg
.JPG | 679.3KB | IMG_20221122_145309_363.jpg

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 6:58 pm

I'm burning my last few buckets of $170 a ton rice coal. coal man wants $382 a ton now.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 7:14 pm

Im chewing thorough my winter supply faster than usual,plus you never can tell exactly how much heat your going to get out of your coal from 1 year to the next and one supplier to the next. I probably should procure an extra ton for this winter. You never can tell what will happen for next season.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 8:37 pm

The two of you closer to Sherman coal should check this thread Sherman coal delivered

lincolnmania
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 9:51 pm

BunkerdCaddis wrote:
Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 8:37 pm
The two of you closer to Sherman coal should check this thread Sherman coal delivered
My bin is full. Saw this coming and stockpiled everything I saw the price going up on. Still eating 82 cent pasta sauce lol

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 10:02 pm

lincolnmania wrote:
Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 9:51 pm
My bin is full. Saw this coming and stockpiled everything I saw the price going up on. Still eating 82 cent pasta sauce lol
That's cool beans then, I don't have a working bin at the moment but I jumped on getting a stockpile in mostly ahead of the price increase and the last three ton hauled by Idlorah from Sherman so I've got almost 9 ton on tarps in the backyard. :what: Ha, we can our own pasta sauce but I figured the garden seed market could be sketchy come next year so I bought all my gardens seeds for next summer two months ago...

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 3:32 am

You Boys Simply Aint' Right!!!! Only You "Coal Chuckleheads" could take a Barfer like this,and yet convert me to laughing my ass off at the end of it..!

lincolnmania

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 8:21 am

BunkerdCaddis wrote:
Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 10:02 pm
That's cool beans then, I don't have a working bin at the moment but I jumped on getting a stockpile in mostly ahead of the price increase and the last three ton hauled by Idlorah from Sherman so I've got almost 9 ton on tarps in the backyard. :what: Ha, we can our own pasta sauce but I figured the garden seed market could be sketchy come next year so I bought all my gardens seeds for next summer two months ago...
I'll need 3 tons in the spring, hopefully he gets a coal chute for his truck before then.

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 2:46 pm

lincolnmania wrote:
Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 8:21 am
I'll need 3 tons in the spring, hopefully he gets a coal chute for his truck before then.
If you' talking about me I do have a chute :D

lincolnmania

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 3:54 pm

BunkerdCaddis wrote:
Tue. Nov. 22, 2022 10:02 pm
Canned our own tomatoes too. Made salsa first this year then sauce. I get my garden seeds from Rohrer seeds in Lancaster. they were fully stocked. Was there in august getting green bean seeds.

lincolnmania

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 3:56 pm

Idlorah wrote:
Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 2:46 pm
If you' talking about me I do have a chute :D
Is it a couple feet long? my coal bin is at a basement window
Last edited by lincolnmania on Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lincolnmania

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 3:57 pm

disregard post

Idlorah

Post by Idlorah » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 4:06 pm

lincolnmania wrote:
Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 3:56 pm
Is it a couple feet long? my coal bin is at a basement window
I'm currently making one now, 8ft long 13.5 wide and 6in tall sides.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 7:36 pm

Idlorah wrote:
Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 4:06 pm
I'm currently making one now, 8ft long 13.5 wide and 6in tall sides.
Stainless steel is the only way to go,other wise you have to have a steep pitch on it to get anything to run specially coal. I ran across one yrs ago that i use for concrete ,works just as good for coal.

Idlorah

Post by Idlorah » Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 8:44 pm

k-2 wrote:
Wed. Nov. 23, 2022 7:36 pm
Stainless steel is the only way to go,other wise you have to have a steep pitch on it to get anything to run specially coal. I ran across one yrs ago that i use for concrete ,works just as good for coal.
Made it out of UHMW plastic very slippery, then put 4 steel stiffeners.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”