Emmaus Coal

srosslx1986
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II

Post by srosslx1986 » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 11:01 am

I just had to buy my coal for the season. I started searching on this forum and making calls. I'm In the Allentown Area of Pennsylvania so I called Lehigh Anthracite (way too high). 4 Seasons Garden Center ($390 a Ton or $12 a 50lbs Bag). I called Keller Enterprises to inquire, and they sold their coal business to a new company Emmaus Coal Company.

Looks like the old Coal yard in Emmaus is back up and running. They were open on Saturday morning so I got my ton of Blashack Nut. The person at the yard was a nice younger guy who knew his stuff on why the prices are so high to various sizes and quality between the different breakers and companies. I paid 345 a ton for pickup. Their website has prices. I would bring cash since they cannot run cards on site yet.

Nice to see a revived yard check them out https://emmauscoal.com/

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 2:43 pm

Nice post S---thanx!!!:)

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Mon. Nov. 21, 2022 8:43 pm

Yeah, thanks for posting that. I stumbled on their Emmaus Coal website a few months ago. It looked like they only wanted to deliver in the local Allentown area. Good deal that you could pick some up there and at a decent (for now) price. At the time I looked at it they said they didn't yard any coal. Only haul to you from the breaker.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”