coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Sep. 15, 2022 9:32 am

They probably didn't have a rock slide
My toilet in the basement backed up and flooded me out. This will cost a lot of money and I called LCN for a discount on my coal and they told me to get lost ... something about not my problem.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Sep. 15, 2022 11:12 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Thu. Sep. 15, 2022 9:32 am
My toilet in the basement backed up and flooded me out. This will cost a lot of money and I called LCN for a discount on my coal and they told me to get lost ... something about not my problem.
Did they tell you that you were full of chit? And that caused the problem :lol: Sewer humor!

halftrack
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: reading allegheny
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: oil hw radiators winter hw ventless ng heater

Post by halftrack » Fri. Sep. 23, 2022 8:42 pm

went to jeddo today for rice. 198 a ton, coal not great lots of fines and a lot of rocks in it not bony coal but rock 2 inches in diameter. also a lot of blaschak trucks picking up prepared coal asked lady at scale they re selling to them.i blew out a tire on truck on way home not a great day :!:

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 1:07 am

halftrack wrote:
Fri. Sep. 23, 2022 8:42 pm
went to jeddo today for rice. 198 a ton, coal not great lots of fines and a lot of rocks in it not bony coal but rock 2 inches in diameter. also a lot of blaschak trucks picking up prepared coal asked lady at scale they re selling to them.i blew out a tire on truck on way home not a great day :!:
Hope your evening improved. Did the scale lady give you an answer on the Jeddo going to Blaschak? About 5 or 6 years ago, the helper on my coal guy's truck told me that there was Lehigh sitting at Blaschak that year. No idea if that was true. I think Blashak had a bad summer that year from all the crazy Pa. flooding. It was a bad bony blend that year but there was a small amount of obviously harder coal mixed in.

About 10-12 years ago there were endless Anthracite train loads going through Reading on the way to port for export. There was a huge export to Ukraine. Some of the smaller processers helped the big outfit fill the contract. Ukraine used to be the third biggest Anthracite exporter in the world after N Korea and Vietnam.

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 8:28 am

What year did Blaschak sell the blend? The 20/21 winter's Blaschak I got wasn't great. I thought maybe the dealer blended it.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 8:36 am

nut wrote:
Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 8:28 am
What year did Blaschak sell the blend? The 20/21 winter's Blaschak I got wasn't great. I thought maybe the dealer blended it.
I thought I read somewhere that blashak blends their coal to meet a consistent btu.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 2:59 pm

nut wrote:
Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 8:28 am

Their coal and many others is a blended product every year. The not so great product was what I got once, 5 or 6 years ago. The Blaschak mix that I got last year was the best in some years. A dealer wouldn't be doing blending unless they are also a breaker/processer. Some smaller processers can't always get sufficient harder and/or low ash coal to mix in.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”