Rossi Coal - How has quality been lately?

CasualObserver
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA6
Coal Size/Type: Rice - now using Rossi Coal

Post by CasualObserver » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 10:43 am

Looking at getting a load of coal this month. Last bought a load of rice coal from Rossi in 2020 and it burned great. Absolutely no complaints and they were a pleasure to deal with. However I know while some places are pretty consistent other breakers can vary dramatically with quality from year to year and even month to month.

I did some searches and can not find any mentions of Rossi Coal on the forum since 2020. Any one have feedback how their coal has been this year? I am not local and am having it trucked to me so can not see it before purchase. Paying $230 a ton plus trucking for rice.

Thanks!

nepacoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4 / "Kelly" and an EFM 520 at my in-laws
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-260 - retired
Coal Size/Type: Buck

Post by nepacoal » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 1:04 pm

My father in law has been burning it in his EFM520 (rice) since 2017/2018 and loves it. In the past, it did generate a lot of ash, but the load we got in March doesn't produce as much ash. It has always burned great and doesn't have many fines. I'll probably be switching to them next year as a result of Lehigh's obvious price gouging. I look forward to burning it.

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Fri. Aug. 19, 2022 9:43 am

C rossi is very close to Jeddo andStockton coal pit So The Coal Should Be Very Same quality as Jeddo an Stockton .jack

themountainman
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC-500
Other Heating: heat pump

Post by themountainman » Fri. Sep. 16, 2022 8:13 pm

I burned their coal last winter in my Keystoker and my dad burned it in his EFM 520. Burned nice for both of us. Not the best I ever had, but was very happy with it for the price. I will be getting from them again this year.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”