other suppliers please

gweedow
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Newmac
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite, nut all so Bit.
Other Heating: Oil

Post by gweedow » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 4:06 pm

Hello all..
I live in south west pa. About 23 miles east of Washington Pa. I can get Anthracite In Washington for about 260.00 a ton. He uses Heet Corp. Do any of you know of an Anthracite dealer who dose not use Heet Corp. and may be a little cheaper? I can do maybe a radius of maybe 30 to 50 miles to justify the drive from home to go pick up. I have not checked Heets (yes thats how you spell it) price for about 3 months now, don't know if it has gone up more. I've been useing Bit coal at about 90.00 dollars a ton, and it is small and choppy and crappy. Really liked the Anthracite nut. Tight budget, LOL. Don't get me wrong, the people there are great and very nice, but because of the times, That is why I ask. Thanks

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 5:38 pm

Hello neighbor I’m in Washington also. Buddy talked to Russell Bros/Heat yesterday $265 a ton, once it’s gone $295. Trucking is causing the problem. Hopefully someone chimes in. There just aren’t any bulk dealers around. If truck scales weren’t so expensive I’d get into selling, without a scale it wouldn’t be fair to myself or the person picking up. Pretty sure by law coal needs to be sold by weight anyhow. Been kicking the idea around of buying a trailer load of bagged and seeing how that went. A month or so ago I called Penn Keystone coal broker he was $250 ish a ton delivered for bagged,a lot of money to tie up to save $15 bucks compared to Heet. Not trying to get rich just looking for a cheaper solution to saving myself and others some cash. Hopefully this fuel issue turns around but not likely anytime soon. Two years ago I bought a trailer load of bagged it was $239 a ton delivered and his bulk was $189 delivered. Sad. 👎

Bubbalowe
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant II 2310
Baseburners & Antiques: Grodin Petite
Other Heating: electric radiators until used boiler hook up

Post by Bubbalowe » Tue. Mar. 29, 2022 11:08 am

If it's budget driven then bituminous coal would is the answer, only drawback is clinkers and stench of burning. Maybe a little too far but check out Valier Coal Yard (814) 938-5177

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Wed. Mar. 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Not surre if Ruffs Dale would be too far for you he sells bagged and bulk...
gweedow wrote:
Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 4:06 pm
Hello all..
I live in south west pa. About 23 miles east of Washington Pa. I can get Anthracite In Washington for about 260.00 a ton. He uses Heet Corp. Do any of you know of an Anthracite dealer who dose not use Heet Corp. and may be a little cheaper? I can do maybe a radius of maybe 30 to 50 miles to justify the drive from home to go pick up. I have not checked Heets (yes thats how you spell it) price for about 3 months now, don't know if it has gone up more. I've been useing Bit coal at about 90.00 dollars a ton, and it is small and choppy and crappy. Really liked the Anthracite nut. Tight budget, LOL. Don't get me wrong, the people there are great and very nice, but because of the times, That is why I ask. Thanks

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Wed. Mar. 30, 2022 1:08 pm

Toddburn wrote:
Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 5:38 pm
Hello neighbor I’m in Washington also. Buddy talked to Russell Bros/Heat yesterday $265 a ton, once it’s gone $295. Trucking is causing the problem. Hopefully someone chimes in. There just aren’t any bulk dealers around. If truck scales weren’t so expensive I’d get into selling, without a scale it wouldn’t be fair to myself or the person picking up. Pretty sure by law coal needs to be sold by weight anyhow. Been kicking the idea around of buying a trailer load of bagged and seeing how that went. A month or so ago I called Penn Keystone coal broker he was $250 ish a ton delivered for bagged,a lot of money to tie up to save $15 bucks compared to Heet. Not trying to get rich just looking for a cheaper solution to saving myself and others some cash. Hopefully this fuel issue turns around but not likely anytime soon. Two years ago I bought a trailer load of bagged it was $239 a ton delivered and his bulk was $189 delivered. Sad. 👎
Ruffsdale PA in your range? he sells bulk and bagged

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Wed. Mar. 30, 2022 6:15 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
Wed. Mar. 30, 2022 1:08 pm
Ruffsdale PA in your range? he sells bulk and bagged
Thanks for the reply Matt. Yes a little out of the way. I use to get Lehigh at Ann Kanzus feed in Washington. I actually bought the last of the nut and pea he had. Great coal. I don’t think he really tried pushing the coal. Pm me with your phone number if your looking for a dealer in Washington to take his place.

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Wed. Mar. 30, 2022 6:49 pm

I believe there is a Yost trucking and supply out that way as well.
My phone number is +15706218871.
Thanks

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”