who is burning Lehigh?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Feb. 28, 2022 12:59 pm

Never claimed any kind of conspiracy--just sayin with all the complaints, Matt could make someone aware being he seems to be their spokesperson.
Rob R. wrote:
Mon. Feb. 28, 2022 9:15 am
Fred, this isn't a conspiracy. I have been their customer for nearly 10 years, and I can confirm that they handle issues brought to their attention in a professional manner. If you or someone else has an issue with their coal, do like Matt suggested and call (570) 527-8472 to explain the problem.

Dakotaguy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520 highboy
Coal Size/Type: Lots of rice from Lehigh
Other Heating: Pops 2010 df 520 stoker

Post by Dakotaguy » Mon. Jun. 06, 2022 9:22 pm

We got Lehigh a little while back it's loaded with fines not what I'm used to never had any complaints about there coal

LouNY
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer fireplace insert
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by LouNY » Tue. Jun. 07, 2022 12:53 pm

I haven't noticed Matt from Lehigh being active in quite a while on here.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jun. 07, 2022 5:14 pm

Might be we're just gettin the chafe from what Lehigh's sendin overseas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Wed. Jun. 08, 2022 1:34 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Tue. Jun. 07, 2022 5:14 pm
Might be we're just gettin the chafe from what Lehigh's sendin overseas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Fred, As I told you yesterday EVERY coal company sells domestic industrial coal AND exports some from time to time. If they didnt they wouldnt be in business. We all make more sizes and tons than are burned in the residential heating market.
We do not slight our customers with a poor quality product at the expanse of anyone.
As always if anyone has any questions or concerns be it of a quality issue or any other my phone is always available.
570-621-8871

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 7:44 am

I like rob, can attest to Lehigh’s great customer service, my last bulk TT load of 22 ton was full of fines, I made a call, sent them some pictures, they sent an empty TT back up to my house and I loaded that bad load back up and he took it back, then a short time later said truck company showed back up with a clean TT load, no charge to me… do you folks realize what kind of service that is? I don’t think most can even Comprehend that! That’s 800 miles round trip.

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 7:56 am

hotblast1357 wrote:
Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 7:44 am
I like rob, can attest to Lehigh’s great customer service, my last bulk TT load of 22 ton was full of fines, I made a call, sent them some pictures, they sent an empty TT back up to my house and I loaded that bad load back up and he took it back, then a short time later said truck company showed back up with a clean TT load, no charge to me… do you folks realize what kind of service that is? I don’t think most can even Comprehend that! That’s 800 miles round trip.
Thank you for the kind words, we try our best to go above and beyond for our customers. Without them we are not in business.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 2:47 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 7:56 am
Thank you for the kind words, we try our best to go above and beyond for our customers. Without them we are not in business.
I feel for you, you are in a tough spot. It is hard to tell family that they have to pay more, especially when it is not you making that decision. You still have to pay your help and keep the lights on or there will not be any coal to sell. Did I mention that I'm not all that impressed with Brandon?

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 3:36 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 2:47 pm
I feel for you, you are in a tough spot. It is hard to tell family that they have to pay more, especially when it is not you making that decision. You still have to pay your help and keep the lights on or there will not be any coal to sell. Did I mention that I'm not all that impressed with Brandon?
Haha I don’t think any of us are a fan of Brandon at this time. And you are exactly right. The price increase will sting us all just like the price increases of everything else we are buying. However, if we don’t do something and we go out of business there will be no coal. Even if others were to survive it would cause drastic shortages and of course increase prices even more dramatically.
The market is very short domestically, there is a large broker in the US that was importing as much as 400,000 tons of anthracite from Russia to send to the domestic steel mills. This kept supplies long and prices artificially low trying to compete with that.
Most coal companies have been struggling for many years. Many closed their doors over the years. We as an industry cannot absorb the extreme high costs with the little to no margins we were all operating on.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Thu. Jun. 09, 2022 10:46 pm

I will also confirm Lehigh takes care of problems brought to their attention. Had some issues with excessive fines/clumps/chips in a bulk load and they did the right thing by us. They might have been off the stock pile as it was winter but we always request off the breaker rather than the pile if possible.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”