Dealer honesty

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Sat. Sep. 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Even if 61 lbs was correct, still about 1/2 ton short. 51 lbs was what It weighed though, admittedly I only had a bathroom scale to go by .

nut

Post by nut » Sat. Sep. 14, 2019 5:50 pm

I just checked my first scale against a second one and they were very close so 51lbs/cu ft for my nut coal . It would have to be very far off to account for the shortage.

miner1979570
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentlemen janitor GJ-9R
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat and Nut

Post by miner1979570 » Fri. Jan. 10, 2020 8:10 pm

In all honesty I worked at a breaker and delivery trucks loaded there for home delivery and I seen first hand the stunts they pulled. They would have other weigh slips made up to change weights of their bins. Now I will say this if you got a ton of coal from a breaker in trevorton and a ton of coal from jeddo or hazelton shaft you will see a difference in volume for southern field coal is lighter and not as dense as northern field coal. But in honesty I would try a different trucker and see the volume difference in you bin

nut

Post by nut » Wed. Jul. 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Got my coal from a different dealer yesterday. Ordered 4 tons of nut. 4 tons from the new dealer equals 5 tons from the old so yes I was being ripped off for many years.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”