Need Help Finding Anthracite Coal in South East Idaho

JillMak
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite

Post by JillMak » Wed. Jun. 05, 2019 10:43 am

I am building a home by this Fall in Arimo, Idaho on 33 acres. I have decided on the Hitzer 50-93. This is a gravity fed Anthracite Stove. However, I can not find the coal anywhere. I have even checked Tractor Supply (who carries it) they can not get it in Idaho. Please help with any suggestions. And I mean any!

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Thu. Jun. 06, 2019 8:43 am

Probably the cheapest way is to hire a tractor dump trailer load direct from the mines. You'd move the middle man out but you will have years of coal w which is good if you have the facilities .there are people that do it .

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Thu. Jun. 06, 2019 10:27 am

Jil call Lehigh Ant .for a quote of coal an trucking .5706689060jackThats approx. . 25 tonsjack

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jun. 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Outstanding choice on the stove J. Yep, call Lehigh, ask for Matt!! :)

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Thu. Jun. 06, 2019 8:21 pm

i forgot to mention One must protect a winter worth of coal from the elements like freezing together in a big frozen block if you buy a trailer load. If you leave it outside uncovered it can freeze like a cube of ice.

Blaschak Coal
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Blaschak Coal » Mon. Jun. 10, 2019 11:09 am

JillMak wrote:
Wed. Jun. 05, 2019 10:43 am
I am building a home by this Fall in Arimo, Idaho on 33 acres. I have decided on the Hitzer 50-93. This is a gravity fed Anthracite Stove. However, I can not find the coal anywhere. I have even checked Tractor Supply (who carries it) they can not get it in Idaho. Please help with any suggestions. And I mean any!
JillMak, please check your messages. There is a response from Blaschak Coal. Thank you.

charlesosborne2002
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: natural gas central forced air

Post by charlesosborne2002 » Wed. Jul. 10, 2019 5:40 pm

JillMak wrote:
Wed. Jun. 05, 2019 10:43 am
There is a Tractor Supply Store in Pocatello. I live where the TSC does not stock it, and the computers don't let them order it. The manager said she had tried for years--no dice. However, a store 50 miles away carried it (a few bags) for blacksmiths there, and when my local TSC manager called that store she found out how to order as little or as much as I wanted--at the same price they charge in PA, where it comes from. (I assume somebody had to approve it.) I get it for about $280 a ton (discount for a ton) and haul it home in my compact wagon (half a ton per trip). I pass the store twice a week anyway (I commute to work two days), and they are very accommodating about letting me pay as I pick it up or all at once. They load it for me. They were glad I ordered a pallet (ton) and tried selling some to others to see if there is more of a market--they did sell some, but they can always get me whatever I need. Their warehouses get the coal in later in August. In areas that carry it, they have an early stock-up sale, but they gave me that price anyway as a pallet price. Since it comes from their own warehouse rather than the mines, any amount can just come in on their own weekly truck at no additional freight.

I buy it through Karen (assistant mgr) in Union City, TN 731-885-5844
Another store that knows how to get it is at the Columbia, KY store 270-385-9076 (Kody)
If your store calls either of these, they can find out how to get coal through the system. There should be no problem getting their regional buyer to approve--they did not even ask me to prepay the order since they knew I had a coal-only stove and would be buying for the winter.

I believe that the warehouse my store uses does not have it, but that was no problem. One member here at Coalpail buys it from TSC in Alabama--probably the only person in the state! Another buys it from a TSC in Atlanta area.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”