Excellent source of Anthracite in Eastern Mass.

coallover
Other Heating: gas furnace & 2 wood stoves 1 potbelly coal burning

Post by coallover » Thu. Feb. 21, 2019 1:27 pm

I have been using Bituminous in my basement pot belly stove but it makes too much smoke & needs to have more added on every hour or 2. So I wanted to try adding a layer of hard coal on top of the hot Bituminous. I went to the Eastern Ice Co, Formally Brockton Ice & Coal on Lawrence St. They had pallets upon pallets of Rice, Nut & Stove sizes in 50 pound bags. The nut size was $ 8.00 each. It had little fines if any, burned hot and for many hours. I tried a place in Braintree called Williams Energy, his stuff was full of fines and priced too high. I'm hooked on the place in Brockton, Mass. Here's the contact information. Brockton, MA eastern ice co inc - Local.com
https://www.local.com/business/details/brockton-m ... 145112695/
27 Lawrence St, Brockton,MA,02301. Map. +1(508)-588-9687. Category : Wood Pellet Dealers, Ice Wholesale, Coal And Coke.

Donb
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm morning
Coal Size/Type: Nut in both
Other Heating: Propain

Post by Donb » Thu. Feb. 21, 2019 6:50 pm

If I may, where were you getting the bit?
Don

coallover
Other Heating: gas furnace & 2 wood stoves 1 potbelly coal burning

Post by coallover » Thu. Feb. 21, 2019 7:44 pm

I rented a U-Haul trailer & went to Clearfield, Penn where I purchased a ton of nut/stove mix from Penn - Gramplan Coal Co. It was $140 a ton. It was a 900+ mile R/T. I had also purchased a 1,600 pound sack of Illinois Bituminous, it was 4% sulfur, lit easy & burned hot but the smell outside in the neighborhood was awful, it was delivered by truck for about $550 to my home. I have experimented with mixing different combinations of the Bituminous then laying on the hard coal which I can buy locally for $8 for a 50 pound bag of nut size. the hard coal lasts for many hours and the heat is steady and warm.

I hope to make the trip back to Clearfield this year to buy some Kentucky 1% sulfur Bituminous. If you P/M me I can provide you with the names of other companies that sell Bituminous by the ton shipped to you on a wood pallet.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”