Coal delivery

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Thu. Jan. 24, 2019 12:53 pm

How do coal companies ship their coal,their own trucks or private owner operators?my supplier can’t seem to keep a supply in.
Last edited by Richard S. on Thu. Jan. 24, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews

Rufcar
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van wert
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by Rufcar » Thu. Jan. 24, 2019 3:11 pm

It is a combination all. I have always received my coal from independent operators who get it at the breaker and deliver it to me. Plus in my case one person always goes into my 12 ton bin to shovel it around evenly.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Jan. 24, 2019 3:55 pm

It's going to depend. Most will not have their own tractor trailer or tri-axle so they will be contracting the delivery either through independent trucking firm or the supplier. Locally for bulk delivery they just take the delivery truck to the breaker. Some may have their own stockpile.

They may be having difficulty getting rice. Not all that uncommon this time of the year especially during/after a cold snap.

Ideally put your order in June, especially if you are getting bulk. That is usually when the coal is the cleanest and cheapest. If it's bagged that may not make a difference but you'll be prepared. Half the people I used to deliver to were taking 5 ton loads or more. They were done for the year.

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Thu. Jan. 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Thanks Mayor,sorry for posting in the wrong spot,I like many others lack storage and have dealt with the mud this year. The dealer is 14 miles from me , just convenient to run and pick it up. I guess I got spoiled 🤔

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”