Availability of anthracite in Quebec, Canada

Squid3083
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by Squid3083 » Thu. Dec. 27, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm new to the anthracite stove, I might be able to buy a brand new stove for less then $1000 that has been laying around for some time. I see from a lot of people that everybody is having a hard time getting coal or anthracite, ans saw at some point in the last years that china stopped exporting anthracite and decided to keep it all inside for industries. Is that the reason why getting some coal is so hard? and I can get 20 40 lbs bags right now at $9 but next bags (60 per skid) will be $11.95. Thanks for the input. Also I saw that rona and and other dealers do not sell anthracite stoves, even a dealer in canada Keystone has stopped selling his stoves, all I see is wood pellets and propane, no anthracite, any idea why ???

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Thu. Dec. 27, 2018 4:19 pm

A Google search for Where to Buy Anthracite Coal in Quebec turns up no useful hits. I'm surprised. Don't know why. Do you know a number of people burning it? You mentioned people having trouble finding suppliers ...

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Dec. 27, 2018 6:39 pm

I would assume the demand for anthracite in Quebec is very low. Depending on if you are close to the border, or close to the Artic Circle, you may have a few dealers in your area that you are not aware of. Try calling Blaschak coal company and asking if they have any dealers in your area.

Squid3083

Post by Squid3083 » Fri. Dec. 28, 2018 7:17 am

rberq wrote:
Thu. Dec. 27, 2018 4:19 pm
A Google search for Where to Buy Anthracite Coal in Quebec turns up no useful hits. I'm surprised. Don't know why. Do you know a number of people burning it? You mentioned people having trouble finding suppliers ...
So far Rona at 18.99 canadian per bag or BMR on special order

Squid3083

Post by Squid3083 » Fri. Dec. 28, 2018 7:21 am

Rob R. wrote:
Thu. Dec. 27, 2018 6:39 pm
I would assume the demand for anthracite in Quebec is very low. Depending on if you are close to the border, or close to the Artic Circle, you may have a few dealers in your area that you are not aware of. Try calling Blaschak coal company and asking if they have any dealers in your area.
Why would it be very low if it is a good stove and cheaper to use ?? this is what I don't understand.
Is it because of bad publicity or law makers or politics or bad stove or too dangerous or coal is bad for your health with general public ??

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Dec. 28, 2018 9:50 am

I suspect most people know little to nothing about anthracite, and assume that "all coal is bad".

Squid3083

Post by Squid3083 » Fri. Dec. 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Rob R. wrote:
Fri. Dec. 28, 2018 9:50 am
I suspect most people know little to nothing about anthracite, and assume that "all coal is bad".
After a small discussion with my father hes 80 he gave me the same speech coal is bad very bad for the environment lol and your health.
I told him you should see whats coming out of my chimney right now with the kind of wood i'm burning and all the smoke and *censored* that's coming out. Impossible to be worse then that.

I'm still new to this so did not have a lot to argue.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”