Bagged Lehigh

biggerpatterson
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: New natural gas hot air furnace inst, 2020

Post by biggerpatterson » Fri. Dec. 21, 2018 10:39 am

It's the first day of Winter. 61* and peaks of sun between the clouds here in south central Pa.. Not much of a day to do an evaluation on how Lehigh burns in my little stove. Shakedown went well this morning. Didn't see anything bigger than a dime. Maybe my ash problem is solved. We'll see how far it will idle down. Windowstats are ready to use as needed. The cats love open windows.

biggerpatterson
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: New natural gas hot air furnace inst, 2020

Post by biggerpatterson » Tue. Dec. 25, 2018 10:55 am

Merry Christmas to all. A big Thank You to all who replied to my inquiry on Lehigh bagged coal. I could not be happier . It seems to need a little more primary air but tending is no longer the PITA that it was. Clearing the ash takes seconds and I have to pay attention or I'm shaking hot coals into the ash pan. Last nights 12 hr. burn produced maybe 3/4 of an inch of ash in the pan. Nothing bigger than nickel size. I was surprised how little coal it took to top off the pot. It's like getting a new stove and never changing the pipes. Now if I could find a back pipe to fit 5 inch stove pipe I'd really be happy. If I can't find one I'll have to make one. Thanks again. Everyone have a Happy New Year !

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”