Where to buy bagged anthracite coal in Eastern Kentucky?

Rooster
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 254
Coal Size/Type: Ky bituminous

Post by Rooster » Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Does anyone know where to buy bagged anthracite coal in Eastern Kentucky? I had been buying the premium nut from tractor supply but apparently they aren't going to stock anymore.
Last edited by Richard S. on Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Talk to the manager, if the company carries it he can get it. The TSP in Danville has it. Look on blashacks web site they have a dealer located that might help. There is one in crab orchard KY

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Bksaun, thank you. I will check them out.

jdode
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vintage laundry tank heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anthracite
Other Heating: Natural gas

Post by jdode » Mon. Dec. 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Rooster wrote:
Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Does anyone know where to buy bagged anthracite coal in Eastern Kentucky? I had been buying the premium nut from tractor supply but apparently they aren't going to stock anymore.
My TSC, 20 miles from my home, in MO, won't stock it. However, the manager said if I wanted a pallet or more, he would get it to the store. I told him I would try a bag first (had to drive to a different TSC to buy 3 bags). If this works out, I will figure out what I need for the winter and go from there. Lowe's said they would get it if I needed a lot. Lowe's wouldn't price it to me, unless I knew how much I needed. TSC charges $6+ per bag. Maybe, in a few weeks, I'll know what I need and can give you some more info.

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Mon. Dec. 24, 2018 9:56 pm

jdode wrote:
Mon. Dec. 24, 2018 9:04 pm
My TSC, 20 miles from my home, in MO, won't stock it. However, the manager said if I wanted a pallet or more, he would get it to the store. I told him I would try a bag first (had to drive to a different TSC to buy 3 bags). If this works out, I will figure out what I need for the winter and go from there. Lowe's said they would get it if I needed a lot. Lowe's wouldn't price it to me, unless I knew how much I needed. TSC charges $6+ per bag. Maybe, in a few weeks, I'll know what I need and can give you some more info.
Yes, I was told the same thing they wouldn't stock it but could order it if I paid for a ton/pallet. I drove 2 hours to another TSC at Danville Ky and bought 12 bags. I know very little about anthracite but this seems to work well enough, just have to deal with a lot of fines in some bags. That said, I also found a more local dealer that sells blaschak anthracite and so far it seems to be better coal. You can contact them through their website or on facebook and they will help you find a dealer in your area.

jdode
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vintage laundry tank heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anthracite
Other Heating: Natural gas

Post by jdode » Mon. Dec. 24, 2018 11:55 pm

Good to know!

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”