Stove size anthracite

Minnesnowtan

Post by Minnesnowtan » Thu. Nov. 15, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm loving this coal heating thing !! I've been buying that Blaschak in a bag but looking for bulk without a bag ! Is tgere anyplaces near pine city Minnesota that carries stove sized anthracite

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 8:15 am

Simple answer, no there isnt unless its someone advertising an old bought supply in their shed or basement. We lost our bulk supply when the trains quit hauling it here, unless you find a supply Ive never heard of in the Twin Cities or WI. Im on the southern border.

You could have someone truck in a semi-load if you wanted too but thats it. There are very few sources for soft coal either and none that I know of that are worth the cost compared to anthracite.

Minnesnowtan

Post by Minnesnowtan » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 9:12 am

Yes I hear u ! Nothing like anthracite ! I did get 5 ton on Nov 3rd from fointain city , Wi for my shoo. I am willing to travel to get some anthracite though. What's the closest place to me is the question. I'll travel !!

Minnesnowtan

Post by Minnesnowtan » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 9:13 am

5 tons of bituminous that is !!

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 9:29 am

Did you get the 5 tons of bituminous from a craigslist lister? Small in size?

Anthracite, try Tractor Supply first. After that, and I dont know many sellers north of the cities, so Mineral Point WI, near Harmony MN (have to order early in spring), and call Blaschak Coal for dealers near you. It should be in the price range of $290-310/ton or consider it high but gas costs add up quick too. If you can haul 5 tons I think Mineral Point (a fireplace store, cant remember the name) might be your best bet as the distance wouldnt be bad for 5 ton. Ive seen other dealers but prices were high.

Minnesnowtan

Post by Minnesnowtan » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 11:13 am

I'm currently getting the anthracite from dealer in isanti for 7.56 a bag. $453 a pallet of 60. Yes I got the bituminous coal from the craigslist lister for $185 a ton. Its now 197 I believe. Relatively small in size but still works in the shop ! He did say the next barge load in a week or so willl have larger chunks. I'm ok with gas bill from traveling cuz there's nothing like anthracite !

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Call Blaschak and get a list of nearby dealers and call them for prices but Im thinking the place I mentioned in WI will be the easiest and cheapest. I remembered the name and heres a link to them. http://bossertfireplace.com/ Im betting they will be around 300/ton and they sell a lot of coal.

I burned a pickup load of that soft coal and its awful small stuff. If he gets bigger I might try it again but not that same size. Way to small for me to deal with in my house.

Minnesnowtan

Post by Minnesnowtan » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Luckily I got him to scoop from the back of the pile. The avg size is between 3/4-2" but yes a little small. And ok thanks for the link ! My blaschak dealer is in isanti...close to work (Cambridge, MN) but I feel 7.56 a bag is to much.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”