Yea!! about time!

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Tue. Oct. 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Got coal guy to commit to a specific day of delivery.(tomorrow, half+ of 5 ton order) Ordered 4 weeks ago, he had one truck go down for a week. So hes backed up some. He wants to deliver to other buyer in general area. So he will have to do second trip back up here again. Been dealing with him for 6 years... his coals good, and clean, and burns good.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Tue. Oct. 30, 2018 8:12 pm

If he is anything like the coal dealers I have used over the years, he is work'in his but off this time of year. Having a truck go down is a huge problem because he is probably the guy that has to fix it on top of everything else.

I'm glad you finally got coal come'in!

-Don

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Wed. Oct. 31, 2018 7:08 pm

got about 2.5 tons delivered today. Good! Now i have to built bin box for rebuild porch and bring about a ton oof it doown there before next 2 tons or so. he said next Friday, i said let me call you when i'm ready for it. He's good with that. Gave him a few red potatoes i harvested today while i waited 2 hours longer than his anticipated arrival/delivery time. I got some nice spuds! for a plant and forget inside old tires filled with 50/50 potting soil, top soil mix sprinkled with lime and fertilized once(miracle grow) once sprouts showed.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”