Direnzo water content?

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Tue. Jan. 02, 2018 8:37 pm

A couple years ago I had to get a trailer load of rice mid winter and didn't get it unloaded before it turned into an iceberg. The next week or so I had the trailer sitting in the sun and the top 1/2" or so would thaw enough to use the shovel and scrape off some bucket loads. A couple times per day the process repeated. What a pia! It made a big impression to plan ahead!

So where was I last Wed? Getting a dump truck load of 5.5 ton! :lol: Luckily it only semi froze in the truck on the way back and most dumped onto the tarp when we got here. I did have to make a couple trips into the bed of the truck to scrape the coal off the walls and floor with a shovel so he could dump again. I made sure to get it all into the pole barn that day. I dug some out from the pole barn with the loader today to top off the coal bin - it was nice and loose. :yes:

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jan. 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Try doing it every day. :) I once took a 5 ton load of buck to Red Rock in weather like this. Opened up the gate and had to poke it a little to get it going which was typical. About a ton and half ran out... there was a tunnel about 2 feet wide from the back of the truck to the front of the truck, the rest was froze.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Wed. Jan. 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Wed. Jan. 03, 2018 1:37 pm
Try doing it every day. :) I once took a 5 ton load of buck to Red Rock in weather like this. Opened up the gate and had to poke it a little to get it going which was typical. About a ton and half ran out... there was a tunnel about 2 feet wide from the back of the truck to the front of the truck, the rest was froze.
:? :o :what: That's it ?? End of story ??
Not even a line like ~~ we waited until April 1st to get the rest off the truck ? :)

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”