4 posts • Page 1 of 1
No coal in south Georgia. Tried wood fired and just not doing it. Propane feels like cheating to me. Just seems crazy the prices for coal on eBay and suck for a few handfuls. I can't even find anywhere in driving distance to go get a pickup truck load full. Smh...the store that typically sell any coal in my area stop when winter comes around So they can keep the northern stores stocked...who would have ever thought coal would be a seasonal item for south Georgia in the summer!!??
- Posts: 3925
- Joined: Sun. Feb. 17, 2008 1:08 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
- Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
- Other Heating: Gas boiler backup/main
- Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000
- Location: Harrison, Tenn
You can get Coal in S Georgia???? I am in Chattanooga Tenn, or just a few mile north, and it has been actually cold all fall....There is NO coal to be found up here.
- freetown fred
- Posts: 23295
- Joined: Thu. Dec. 31, 2009 12:33 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut
- Location: Freetown,NY 13803
If you'd finish fillin in your profile, someone might be able to steer ya in the right direction. Stranger things have happened here on the FORUM.
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 09, 2016 1:20 am
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby born 1980
- Coal Size/Type: Nut
- Other Heating: Gas
- Location: Atlanta
The only place I found to get coal is TSC. The Leigh company would sell here if they had dealer that would sell it. I have been able to convince anyone.